[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photo prints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: print.jpg (260KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
print.jpg
260KB, 1000x666px
Hey folks, just wondering here if anyone here gets his work printed. I'm interested in getting some prints of my own work, as well as wondering what to look for when getting your work printed.

It would also be cool to know why people get their work printed.

Also, if you happen to be in the Netherlands and you tend to get your work printed every once in a while, I'd like to know where you get it printed and what your experiences with that place are!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
I Usually print 4 or 5 images from each holiday I go on and other stuff I'm pleased with. I print them standard 6x4 size and stick them to my wall.

They're pleasing to look at and remind me of some of the cool stuff I've done.
>>
>>3133498
Do you frame them or just hang them on the wall as is?
>>
>>3133494
I've used Whitewall before, but other than that I have no bench mark for cost. Quality was pretty good, though, and they ship out of Germany.
>>
Question:

Best medium to have pictures printed on for eternity?
>>
>>3133659
Hahnemühle Photo Rag.
>>
>>3133494
I usually print my own work now that I have access to high end printers again. There's a couple of good places out there.

>what to look for when getting your work printed
A robust paper selection for prints which should companies like Hahnemühle, Canson, and Ilford. Most printers will use the epson papers or fuji crystal archive. Those papers are okay but not great.

>why people get their work printed
I print for studio visits, shows, and fine art sales. It's also useful to print because the photos really isn't finished until the print version is done.
>>
I do a lot of my printing at home, I can do up to 17" wide on the Epson and up to 20x24" wet printing. I tend to print about 50-60% of what I shoot on 4x6 so I can shuffle through them from time to time and assess the images. sometimes after time I realize I missed something that I initially writ off.

but if you getting stuff printed by someone else, go into their shop and talk to them, if you get a good vibe try them out, if you like the results use them again.

>>3133672
Hahnemühle is nice, I tend to use Moab, both are acid free 100% cotton rag. Epson paper is estimated at 100-200 year archival and provides nice results for gloss / semigloss, and a lot of the local printers here really like Ilford Galerie which I'm a little luke warm on.
>>
>>3134505
I'm just not a fan of any of the epson papers. I am interested in playing with their metallic paper but haven't been bothered to order it because the Moab version is good. Similarly the canson platine is very good and well reviewed in comparison to the moab version.
>>
>>3134797
canson platine, baryta are hands down the best
>>
>>3133659
Hahnemühle Photo Rag

it will last for a good, good time, and it's such a good detail paper.
>>
File: DSC06123.jpg (303KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06123.jpg
303KB, 1200x800px
>>3134505
forgot the studio pic, it's ugly I know

>>3134797
>>3134804
for sure ... epson paper is pretty generic but I find it has the least bronzing for glossy paper. I have never tried Canson for inkjet, kinda writ them off because I really don't like their water colour paper.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareILCE-6000 v1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:08:17 09:01:19
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness2.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: _20170818_124328.jpg (249KB, 1440x1070px) Image search: [Google]
_20170818_124328.jpg
249KB, 1440x1070px
Nobody mentioning Fuji Crystal Archive? That's what I've always used and prints look top notch. Matte of course.

Camera SoftwareAndroid Gallery
Image Created2017:08:18 12:43:28
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Width1440
Image Height1070
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.