[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p/ not dead yet - book 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: cover.jpg (957KB, 3600x3600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
957KB, 3600x3600px
review for typos

after one week has passed revisions will be made and the book will be available on blurb

I have no excuses for not finishing this back in July other than procrastination. Also lightroom is hideous of this. Whenever you change anything about sizing it fucks all of your formatting hopelessly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c5gywvzgp2b2t4/p%20-%20not%20dead%20yet%20-%20small.pdf?dl=0

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:07:14 22:15:09
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3600
Image Height3600
>>
>page 17
>selective color
delet dat OP
>>
>many photos underexposed, uninteresting street shots, or just general snapshits

There should've been a greater level of vetting because oh boy oh boy this sure is going to trigger /p/
>>
File: 1420952174833.jpg (17KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1420952174833.jpg
17KB, 500x334px
>>3131630
Why not make a combined 2016/17 edition at this point
>>
>>3131630
Remember to change it to "Fultron12" please and thank you in the index
>>
>>3131649

Fuck off jealous cuck.
>>
A picture of someones fucking pet cat. fuck sake.
>>
>>3131728

Oh nooooo my precious arrrttttt
>>
this is good, better than 2014 at least

good job ng, sad we won't have 2011 again but good job on this
>>
>>3131647
This isn't that bad..
>>
I did my part.
>>
>>3131630
No credit for 57? Also "usually" should be "usual"

GJ all.
>>
>>3131630
Good work Ng
>>
>>3131630
gj for pulling through.

Layoutwise I feel that the default white marginals could have been a bit smaller in relation to the image size, but w/e

geberal verdict; some good and lot's of bad and/orstuff I don't "get"
>>
>>3131630
>p - not dead yet - small.pdf
Can we get the full resolution book?
>>
>>3132130
No, it would be pretty easy to pull and print photos from the full resolution.
>>
>>3132135
I doubt anyone cares about people doing that.
>>
>>3132161
Not his decision to make. Even if not everyone is actively trying to make money on their photography, I believe most would prefer an inquiry about a print request/payment vs someone just printing a photo out. Technically the copyright belongs to the content creator anyhow and they should always be contacted with permission to print it.
>>
>>3132176
This guy has got it.
>>
>>3132176
>photography imageboard
>photos directly to book
What's the board's discord? Why come here at all? You fucking faggots should stay there.
>>
>>3132197
Not everyone posts images at max res for the reason I just stated. He's not doing anything wrong by not posting full res shots. It isn't his decision to make and he could literally get in trouble for publishing full res images without the original photographer's permission.
>>
Very very nice job NG

i cannot wait till it is ready to order
>>
>>3132161
>Each contributor to this book retains the sole copyright to their submitted work.

page 2
>>
>>3132198
newfags, newfags everywhere
we have always had a PDF available for people that wanted to print it on their own

Nothing about this project is legally binding. We don't all live in America.
>>
File: 1496175516781.jpg (244KB, 779x851px) Image search: [Google]
1496175516781.jpg
244KB, 779x851px
>>3132203
I never provided a high resolution version of the other book either?
>>
>>3131692
What?
>>
>>3132207
Each year we get a .pdf from blurb to accompany the book. So people who dont want to buy it can still look at it.
>>
did you forget to credit page 57?
>>
yeah i dont get why you won't publish it also as a full resolution pdf but i guess you Americans want to make money out of everything.
>>
>>3132339
This. Also the blurb books are random quality wise. One day you get a good copy and the other it literally falls apart after you open it.
>>
>>3132339
>haha you Americans and wanting to profit from everything!!

Are you one of those people who pirates everything he can because dose guyz has enuff money already???

To re-iterate one last time:
>it isn't his decision to make
>copyright belongs to the photographers of each individual image
>even if people are not actively making money, they probably wouldn't like it if people just used their images for free with zero monetary compensation

People have been nice enough to ask me to print images and then given me money for them. Little wonder why this is.
>>
>>3132371
>To re-iterate one last time:
To reiterate (note the lack of hyphen) one last time: every single pee book before this one included the high resolution pdf. No one is going to go after Reagan over copyright with this book, and if they did it would be thrown out of court.

Natureguy doesn't want to upload higher resolution because it would take more of his precious time to export it. It has nothing to do with legality. Let's all be honest about the self-loathing, lazy tone he's set all year.

He should have just let Eggy do it when he volunteered instead of taking it from him and proceeding to whine for 8 months about how little free time he had to do it.

Stop getting your nose brown on the backside of a Brony.
>>
>>3132371
>monetary compensation for a pic in pee book
for real? i mean i guess you are technically right but substantially self-delusional.
>>
>>3132407

The book had already died 100% when Reagan volunteered to take it over. It's not like Eggy was supposed to be "the guy" in any capacity. And while I don't doubt that Eggy would have gotten it done in like a week, it also would have been an autistic, unaesthetic mess. Do you not remember that the man is incapable of creating beauty?

Really, I think this should be the last book and /p/ should find some new project. This board clings to the past like no other.
>>
File: 1502632705732.jpg (276KB, 758x426px) Image search: [Google]
1502632705732.jpg
276KB, 758x426px
>>3132407
> every single pee book before this one included the high resolution pdf.
My man, do you, by any chance, have the year 2013 and 2015 books in high res or at least versions without the shitty proofing?
If yes, can you please share them?

Pic is what I have regarding 4chan books
>>
>>3132419
This tbqh. I think a group with an album in Flickr would be easier and faster to create. It would also have a far superior reach.
>>
>>3132419
>The book had already died 100% when Reagan volunteered to take it over. It's not like Eggy was supposed to be "the guy" in any capacity.
Were you here 6 months ago? Eggy literally volunteered first, but then Natureguy chimed in and everyone agreed that he should do it as the more popular tripfag.

>would have been an autistic, unaesthetic mess
Yeah, because refusing to upload the pdf doesnt scream autism. because these pages are so aesthetically inclined.
>>
>>3132414
That's not the issue. The issue is cheap fucks don't want to buy a book but they want full res images without permission. Do you not understand how copyright works and why somebody who works in the fine art industry isn't eager to violate it?
>>
>>3132443
The only one not understanding copyright law here is you if you took his response about copyright as anything other than an excuse to avoid doing more work.

If he were truly worried about copyright he wouldn't have included his own name in the book at all instead of placing it prominently (which no one else has ever done, I might add; gloryhound) because it would not be hard for someone to go after it in its current form, either.

Violating copyright is violating copyright, whether its full resolution or not, and this project always carries with it the theoretical threat of someone uploading someone elses photo as their own, resulting in a valid copyright claim.

But its never happened and its an unrealistic worry.
>>
>people caring about copyright in a website where 99% of the content violates copyright.
>>
>>3132447
People willingly submitted their work into the book, knowing they would receive no financial compensation. It's a wholly different matter from someone being granted access to full res files of original photographs without prior authorization.

>but who caresses about copyright godddddd

Well if so many anons think most of the photos suck and wouldn't buy the book then why the fuck do they feel like they're owed a full res pdf copy of It? This is just like idiot pirates who say a game is trash but download it anyways.
>>
>>3132430

>but then Natureguy chimed in and everyone agreed that he should do it as the more popular tripfag.

Well, that and he already has one book under his belt.
>>
Cool book glad to be a part of it
>>
>>3131925
>>3132312
Fixed, p56 was assigned to different people erroneously.

>>3132407
>He should have just let Eggy do it when he volunteered
Eggy said he didn't want to do it if I recall correctly and thread was rapidly devolving into a group/by committee internet project.

>>3132447
>he wouldn't have included his own name in the book at all instead of placing it prominently (which no one else has ever done, I might add; gloryhound)
I literally used the first book as a template for that page. I had entirely forgotten about putting a copy right in it until I flipped through the one Bart did.
>>
File: B0175018-y720px.jpg (114KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
B0175018-y720px.jpg
114KB, 480x720px
>>3132665
I said I'd do it if I had to.
Pending the blurb software being tolerable (being forced to use the mac java version under linux may have been too much hassle, turns out it was ok in the few tests I did)
And pending the potential douchebaggery I was probably going to get from a couple of fuckwits intentionally trying to mess with the submission process because they now realised I was going to be dealing with it.
I'm almost glad you chose to do it, but in the world of /p/ where everyone is on different timezones you probably should have given it 24 hours for others after you posted your intent so others could have the option to dissent/agree.
TL;DR: FIGHT!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera Softwaredarktable 2.0.3
PhotographerAndrew Wade Eglington oh-hi.info
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)232 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:12:31 18:44:45
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating640
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length155.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width480
Image Height720
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>3132805
Then do it next year. Making the book blows.
>>
>>3132808
not as much as your photography for the past couple of years though
>>
>>3132812
ho damn mother fucker
>>
>>3132423
I've got some /p/ and /lit/ books, does anyone know if other boards have printed anything?
>>
heh, my bear is fucking huge
>>
>>3131647
Its the best /p/ has to offer lol
>>
when do we submit for the 2017 edition?
>>
>>3133689
What p book do you have, amigo?
>>
File: anime 9.png (115KB, 268x637px) Image search: [Google]
anime 9.png
115KB, 268x637px
>>3133726
When I make the /p/ 2017 thread at the end of the year with the instructions.
>>
>>3134064
based
>>
>>3131647
> still better than any nat geo, reddit, """camera brand""" competition or book
/p/, even after the loss of great photographers and all the shitposting, is still better than any commercial photography brand in content.
>>
>>3134064
i love you iggs, stay cool
>>
>>3132423
anyone buy the books? post pics
>>
>>3132423
http://www.blurb.com/user/iggyblack
>>
>>3131630

well done

didn't notice the trainfag pic with the lightning, very cool
>>
>>3135281
2013 really was epic.
>>
>>3133745
2014, 2015
>>
Aren't page numbers too big?
>>
So... was it posted on blurb already?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.