[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, do you guys got any tips for me on which camera I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_112.jpg (1MB, 2698x1799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_112.jpg
1MB, 2698x1799px
So, do you guys got any tips for me on which camera I should buy? Budget: $500

Never taken pictures other than with my cellphone. I want an upgrade desu.
>>
>>3131557
used pentax k-5 and 40mm f2.8 limited
>>
>>3131587
I was thinking about a new system camera? How's system cameras compared with SLR?
>>
fuck pentax. Used Canon 5d mark II. It'll serve as a decent workhorse. No, you won't have leftover money for a lens too but who gives a shit anyways? Why not kill yourself OP?
>>
>>3131600
fuck canon. Used Hasselblad H3DII-39, they often even come with the 80mm standard lens so you'll even have something to shoot with.
>>
>>3131601
dont mind me though I just hate life in general
>>
>>3131600
lol
>>
How anout Canon EOS M3 M18-55 STM Systemcamera? Seems pretty simple but good. Or what?
>>
>>3131612
Well to start off I wouldn't buy that kit lens, or any kit lens, in any case.
>>
>>3131557

A Nikon DSLR would be a good way to start if you're not sure how serious about your photography you'll get. They work well, have good compatability, and you can get good deals on them if you know where to look too. I just recently picked up a D3400 and ~$1000 worth of gear for $630.
>>
Don't fall for the DSLR meme. Get a nice compact Canon Powershot SX60 instead.
>>
I would probably pick up a mirrorless, an adapter, and a handful of primes for that mount, based off of whatever you like shooting. Old primes are holding value well atm, so you could probably resell them and lose little. At that point you would have a better idea of the focal lengths you actually use before investing in a more modern lense with AF, or simply something nicer for the range that you use.

As far as brand goes it doesn't really matter, though I would probably avoid m4/3 if you're looking to shoot wide.
>>
Nikon D3400 is a well balanced and one of the top choices you can get for 500.

Has more sensors. 1080p video. 5fps burst. Bluetooth connection to the phone.
>>
>>3131702
Is it hard to use? I never tried one of those real cameras. Do you have to know a lot of technical shit?
>>
Also will a mirrorless camera be able to take good photos of northern lights?
>>
>>3131722
sure, but will you?

>>3131721
you can put it in auto mode just like any other camera, or you can learn some basic stuff f.e. on cambridgeincolour.com and make more out of any camera
>>
>>3131725
Yes I would.

How about the D3300?
>>
>>3131729
that's a camera body, yes
>>
>>3131730
What is the difference between a SLR and one of these types? https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/eos-m-series-digital-cameras/eos-m3-ef-m-18-55mm-is-stm-kit
>>
>>3131557
Id get a 2nd hand d3300 + kit lens, you can probs get for like 200-300
>>
>>3131557
Nikon D3400 or Canon 100D
>>
pentax k-50 (for a dslr) or ricoh gr ii (for a compact)
>>
Sony a6000 is the answer. Dslr are yesterday's technology and mirrorless is the future (but not m43).
>>
>>3132674
>and mirrorless is the future (but not m43)
lol'd at this even if I have m43

why are peeps here so hyper insecure about their brand choice?
>>
>>3131557
honestly, look for functionalities and start from there:
- what do you want to take photos of?
- do you really need interchangeable lenses?
- touchscreen, touch-focus-shoot, tilting screen?
- viewfinder?
- hot shoe, flash?
- raw files for editing?
- wifi to phone/laptop transfer?
- does weight and size matter, portablility, everyday carry or just for the weekends?
-etc
>>
hold one of those cheap pieces of plastic garbage nikon or canon entry level gimped features cameras in your heand before you throw you money out the window of a moving vehicle on an expressway.

enjoy your one control dial forcing you to menu dive to change settings missing your shots on the fly. your canon rabal 3 fps buffer will fill faster, just barely, than the tears that will well up in your eyes for buying a mass produced box store soccer mom camera.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.