[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an archive where i can download all of nasa's images

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: nasahassy.jpg (48KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
nasahassy.jpg
48KB, 600x518px
Is there an archive where i can download all of nasa's images taken with these films cameras.

I remember awhile back someone dumped a ton of nasa images taken with this hasselblad, just
wanted to know if there was a public source to obtain these images.
>>
>>3129688
this might be one of the things youre looking for

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/
>>
They are all fake. They """lost""" the original negatives.
>>
>>3129690

So much snapshit I can't believe people would believe this was staged still.
>>
>>3129733
>no stars photo from the moon
I worder why...
>>
>>3129783
>what is exposure value

That's the worse argument you can make

a good argument are the obvious issues with dust particulates floating at various degrees despite being in a vacuum

since mass has no impact on how fast you fall, larger, and smaller particulates should fall at the same speed

also, stop being fucking retarded
>>
>>3129791
>all particulates started falling from the same height on a perfectly straight descent
>>
File: apollo12a.jpg (110KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
apollo12a.jpg
110KB, 660x660px
That's not a NASA Hasselblad. Some rando guy made it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2009:07:28 16:29:19
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width660
Image Height660
>>
>>3129688
Is that Tom Sachs art project ?
>>
>>3129798
>Black and white

nice fake picture

if it was real IT WOULD BE IN COLOR
this is just some studio shit using black and white brush effects to hide the sloppy details
>>
>>3129791
>a good argument are the obvious issues with dust particulates floating at various degrees despite being in a vacuum

It's amazing how you've managed to get this far into scientifically sound observed phenomena without also encountering the answer: static charge. W/o an atmosphere, solar radiation electrostatically charges the microscopic light dust particles that also happen to be in an environment where gravity is so weak electrostatic repulsion starts mattering. Go read about it. Dipshit.
>>
>>3129716
Implying it's not been stolen... People working for nasa have stolen moon rocks and god knows what else. If I handled the negative department in the 80s and was leaving I'd snag these up too as no one gave much care for them then.
>>
>>3129798
dude, it's an early prototype
you don't know shit
>>
i too watch northrup photography
>>
>>3129688
How do you meter on the moon?
I am guessing Sunny 16 is out?
>>
>>3129934
Moonie 8 is in.
>>
>>3129936
underrated post
>>
>>3129934
The ,uh , selenauts, were given the same hassies on Earth and instructed to git gud guesstimating framing/focus/exposure, which they did, and the sciencemen established what fixed exposure settings were needed for the extremely varied conditions on the lunar surface: full sun and full shade. That's it, two settings, zone focusing and framing from the hip. Very basic and yet - effective.
>>
>>3129688
>>3129690

There's also this...

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/catalog/70mm/

It's a useful index, but I can't figure out how to get anything better than large thumbnails.
>>
>>3129688
>>3129690
>>3129951

Hey I found this!

https://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/apollo/
>>
>>3129688
>>3129690

There's a Python script to fetch all 8400 of those NASA Apollo images from flickr...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/3nej8i/a_python_script_that_downloads_all_nasas_apollo/

There is also this... good for browsing.
https://images.nasa.gov/#/
>>
>>3129934
What is bracketing?
>>
>>3129934
>>3129936

It's loony 11

Moon is surprisingly bright, just one stop below a sunny earth.
>>
>>3129897
https://petapixel.com/2011/03/18/handmade-model-of-a-nasa-hasselblad/
>>
>>3130247
>believing the fake news
>>
File: hasselblad mkwe.jpg (189KB, 620x473px) Image search: [Google]
hasselblad mkwe.jpg
189KB, 620x473px
Step aside, old fucks. There's a new NASA camera and it has all the same features as the old one but looks like bumblebee from the Transformers movies.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)44 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2500
Image Height1667
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2012:10:13 17:47:56
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Brightness4.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length16.20 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width620
Image Height473
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3130264
dont they use nikon cameras on the space station? when exactly is this thing for?
>>
>>3130266
hasselblad sad attempt to milk money from moon turds
>>
why do all their images have this large border around and plus signs? Can anyone explain this to a non-film person
>>
>>3130300
They're images of the whole film, which is bigger than the 57mm squared picture. Underprocessed as hell too.
>>
>>3130310

oh so they put them on the whole flatbed scanner or something?

wow if they're unprocesed do you think they'll ever scan then appropriately and develop?
>>
>>3130266
The same reason why Omega will never shut about MAN ON THE FUCKING MOON, even though other chronographs have been to both space and the Moon and a lot of astronauts just use digital watches now.
>>
>>3130266

ISS uses a bunch of everything.

Latest addition is an a7s to take 4k video of earth. Pretty awesome videos if you haven't seen them yet btw.
>>
>>3130300
The crosshairs are there as references for estimating distances and scale in the photos.
>>
>>3130398
I just use my phone
>>
>>3130300
>given a focal lenght of 50mm and a 6x6 negative calculate the astronauts height

How do I even do that?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.