[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

photo editing laptops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 41BrD2bCAeL.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41BrD2bCAeL.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
So I'm looking into getting a good laptop for photo editing. My price range is $800 or less, and I want the best color accuracy for that price. I currently have a 2012 MacBook Pro that is pretty great for what I do but it's obviously old and runs slow hence why I want something new. I've read some articles online that say gaming laptops are good for photo editing. I'm not sure if that's just a meme but it would be cool if I got something that runs games better than my Mac AND provides the best display for photo editing. Help me /p/, you're my only hope.
>>
use the laptop you have with you
>>
>laptops, price range: <$800, high to low, kill yourself
>>
>>3128394
practically any laptop is good for photo editing as long as it isn't shitted up with garbage. photo editing isn't that demanding.
if you want to play games, build a PC. there's no point to buy a laptop for that.
personal recommendation: used thinkpad t420 + a good SSD, throw in for an external hard drive on top of that if you store a lot of photos
>>
>>3128394
>>3128438

OP ignore this.

Be very fucking careful and be as mindful of the display as of the actual specs. I do plenty photo and video work, and part of my new job was on the move. I got a G551 Asus ROG, as I wanted to game on it too. The screen is abysmal and makes it useless for any kind of color adjustment.

tl;dr, mind specs but also go to notebook check and read the display section
>>
>>3128566
display can always be calibrated and most non-shit/relatively popular laptops have calibration guides. some monitors, like in your case, just don't calibrate well. I suggested a T420 because you can actually replace the panels.
specs wise, only inferior thing you'd get is a GPU (well, the lack of one) too bad you won't be needing one

you're better off making a tiny microatx pc/buy a dock and set up an egpu (go to /g/oogle for all of that) if you want to play games
>>
>>3128566
>>3128568
Thank you! This helps a lot
>>
Seconding make sure you get something with a good display, of course you can always calibrate the display, but that won't help you if it has a super narrow viewing angle or is missing ten percent of SRGB. On a different note, what is the limiting factor in your macbook pro? could you just toss some more ram in it and build an actual computer for the games?
>>
>>3128394
My 2013 MBA still rips through CC. what do you have on your system?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.