[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do I get good at photohraphy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1501532754415.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1501532754415.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
How the FUCK do I get good at photohraphy?
>>
The technical side is easy, you can learn that in an afternoon. You can even study examples of fine art with composition notes to get a feel for the artistic side. But most of that is being in the right place at the right time, situationally aware, and leaving your basement.
>>
>>3128122
Keep taking pictures it doesn't happen over night. The more you work at it the more it improves.
>>
Your first 10,000 shots are your worst.
>>
File: IMG_20170805_123139.jpg (2MB, 3022x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_123139.jpg
2MB, 3022x4032px
>>3128122
>know what kind of pictures you want to take and why you want to take pictures
>study good pictures to understand what makes them good
>learn your camera's controls (when you can set aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focus with eyes closed, you're set.)
>learn what exposure variables do to a picture
>learn to predict action, then rotating objects/scenes/potential scenes in ur mind's eye to know where to be for a picture
>practice all together
>learn how to use processing software (altering colors, crop/resize, brighten and darken areas, etc.)

Quads unrelated

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelNexus 5X
Camera SoftwareHDR+ 1.0.118402515r
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2017:08:05 12:31:41
Image Width3022
Image Height4032
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/2.0
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Focal Length4.67 mm
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure ModeAuto
Image Height4032
RenderingCustom
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SaturationNormal
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
SharpnessNormal
Image Width3022
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Subject Distance0.00 m
FlashNo Flash
ContrastNormal
ISO Speed Rating61
Exposure Time447/1000000 sec
>>
>>3128135
I just hit 40.000 and i'm still doing shit
>>
>>3128122
You fuck like racehorses
>>
It's not only knowing when to take a picture, it's knowing when NOT to take a picture. You have to learn what your camera can capture and what it can't, and put in effort to make the interesting aspect of the scene pop out.
>>
Travel.
>>
>>3128256
>How do I get good at photography?
only people who are good at photography are qualified to answer this question
>>
>>3128210
Sorry, it was a typo.
Your first 50,000 are your worst.
>>
>>3128122
read and practive
>>
the one you have with you
>>
>>3128125

>leaving your basement

Never mind
>>
50mm
>>
Basically look at good photographers' work, realise why they're good and what makes you like them and try to create something similar to that in your pictures. Then when you get good at copying one person try it with another. Basically do this with as many as possible and put them down as influences, it's what they did after all.
>>
I find that taking a little bit of time to think about how a photo should look and how you want it to look is a big help, you need to activate the critical thinking part of your brain, not just the "ooh that might look nice--CLICK" part.
>>
>>3128122
Literally take a class.
>>
>>3128359
I just hit 100,000 and I'm still shit
>>
>>3128122
There's no given formula but here's what I did:

>Took a shit ton of photos
>Analyzed my mass of snapshits in lightroom
>noticed some would jump out at me, tried to figure out why that was (light, composition, subject/framing)
>understood camera modes better and better
>tried to be at the right place and right time, using some form of "anticipation"
>asked for intermittent feedback
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.