[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camera modding? pouring paint/scratching sensor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Hello guys!
I am planning on buying some cheap ass cameras (both film and compact digital) and thinking ways of achive some experimental shots.
What results should I expect?
>>
>>3127614
what am I even looking at here? And what are you talking about?
>>
>>3127975
Muh lomo!
Shit lens damaged sensor = art!
>>
what the fuck
>>
>>3127614
>What results should I expect?

Shit.
>>
>>3127614
even if doing things to your sensor would result in something cool like your pic, the effect would be the same on every fucking picture, so you had to buy a new camera for each serious pic. if you want to fuck around i suggest using film and playing during the developement process or the negative itself, there is already quite a 'large' scene though.
>>
Op here. pic related its actually not related.
This its kind of what i was looking for > http://www.instructables.com/id/GlitchEng-cam/
Sorry if i was kind of dull in the explanation, dont have to be so sensitive and conservative with alternative methods what a retards.
>>
>>3127980
That's just a double exposure you retard
>>
>>3128351
>shots are out of focus
>>
>>3128351
You're just gonna end up with a load of pretentious "art" that just looks like it could be drawn in paint or some slightly off pictures that look like they just had an instagram filter put on them.
>>
File: IMG_0508[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 5s
Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.17.150426759
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)109 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:07:15 20:20:52
Exposure Time1/167 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating32
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness6.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.15 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Digital Zoom Ratio3.8
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3127614
Just fuck around in photoshop. What you are proposing is ruining equipment when there is a "lossless" way to do it.
>>
>>3130301
Second. Don't ruin a camera just to make up for your own lack of creativity
>>
>>3130558
Having different tools to achive some kind of new form that, possible, could serv your concept its not beign creative?
>>
https://snorpey.github.io/jpg-glitch/
this might be of interest to you op
keeping quality high and iterations low-mediom at least for me provided best results
>>
>>3130558
>Don't ruin a camera
>digital camera
>ever "ruined"
can you ruin a piece of shit? of course you cant.
>>
>>3127614
Since you really want to take apart a camera, why don't you try making an infrared one? You're fucking with the sensor, which is what you wanted, and you can see stuff you wouldn't normally be able to.
>>
>>3127614
>>3131236
As for fucking with film, get some cheap kodacolor and try soaking it in stuff it shouldn't be soaked in.

You could also expose it to indirect, uneven heat or r a d i a t i o n.
>>
>>3131237
radiation

just curious
>>
you mean stuff like this?

i did it using a very powerful magnet

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1440
Image Height900
>>
Bunch of fucks on this post. You do you OP, make what makes you happy, try new things if they sound exciting.
>>
>>3131262
thats very nice! you only put the magnet near the camera?
>>3131282
thx!
>>
File: CatScanKodak800.jpg (29KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
CatScanKodak800.jpg
29KB, 400x564px
>>3131246
X ray machines leave patterns on film. I do not know what happens to film in a microwave, but I know microwaves make patterns in food.

Or use whatever radiation you have on hand, you know?
>>
>>3131246
>>3131444
>>
Try soaking your film in the washing machine, in citrus juice or vodka or developp in beer, wine or coffee.
>>
>>3131434
yup, and with an old camera
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.