[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /p/ think of the 80D?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

is it worth buying? is there something better for the same price?
>>
>>3127451
I considered it since it was in my price range, but I ended up going for the Nikon D7200 - cheaper and better - like, INFINITELY better.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-80D-vs-Nikon-D7200

I'll never understand why the piece of shit still has buyers at that price.
>>
>>3127480
>Comparing 2 cameras solely on the base of some website
>Only talking about some characteristics
>Not trying both on hand before purchasing
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>3127685
"some" website? a website that compares literally every relevant aspect of the cameras? besides, i wanted to offer a little insight, not list him every physical comparison possible

you are a retarded fucking pleb if you think that testing the cameras at a store irl will help. limited environment and time for an investment that will last years? ok then

why would you ignore specs you fucking shitbrain
>>
>>3127723
>>3127480
>Infinitely better
>Everything the Nikon is better in is only about 10-20% and unnoticeable
>While the 80D has 300% the cross AF points of the Nikon as well as usable live view
>Also forgetting Nikon has shit lenses
Mate your shilling is weak.
>>
>>3127729
I have zero interest in this thread, but
>Nikon has shit lenses
I mean... are you serious? :D You seem very well informed about this issue.
>>
>>3127756
>:D
You don't belong here
>>
>>3127756
>...
>:D
You don't seem very well informed on where you are
>>
>>3127756
Every lens nikon has under $2k is substantially worse than the canon equivalent. Their lenses that are comparable in quality still cost 25% or more than the canon too. Why do you think every nikon owner shill posts 3rd party lenses so hard? They're the only decent lenses they can get for nikon.
>>
>>3127451
I love mine, it's actually a very nice camera to use. Just don't dunk it in water
>>
I got my girlfriend one to use for vlogging. I don't really understand the appeal of recording yourself in public like a crazy person but she likes it.
>>
>>3127808
m8 you wouldn't be wrong on zooms, but let's be realistic here: a whole boat load of primes never got updated from the early digital/film era on the canon side. 50 1.4, 135 2, 20 2.8, 85 1.8, 100 2. At least Nikon made a concerted effort to update the entire line up of primes from 20-105mm at both F2 and F1.4 from the AF-D era lenses.
>>
>>3127950
old primes are shit. nikon's aren't even cheap since they all fit current bodies.
>>
>>3127451
As this anon >>3127480 has mentioned, the D7200 has a lot more strengths than the 80D, plus it's cheaper.

Get the 80D if you want/already have the following:
1. Articulating + Touch screen
2. Dual Pixel AF
3. EF/EF-S lenses

Otherwise, I think it's a much wiser choice to go with the D7200.
>>
File: X1OLUFk.png (73KB, 1020x783px) Image search: [Google]
X1OLUFk.png
73KB, 1020x783px
>>3128094
>>3127480
Lol what a shitty comparison. Have a real one.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/nikon/d7200/vs/canon/80d/
>>
>>3127451
>something better
if we're talking about sensor, even entry nikons d3xxx are better, but then entry nikons probably don't have 80d kind of autofocus precision and shit. camera is more than just a sensor, after all.

truth is, anything you get will be fine. you can get 80d and enjoy your nifty fifty from a dollar store that excels compared to nikon (optically slightly worse) fifty for twice-three times the price, you can get d7200 as people before mentioned and get all excited over your amazing sensor and other aspects of your proper high-end camera. Anything will have its upsides and downsides, and anything will be worth it in the end.
>>
>>3127950
Canon's new mid-tier primes are great. I have the 35/2.0 IS and it's a real pleasure to use. Sharp as buggery, very low CA, a wide aperture which gives the choice of more than enough DoF for head & shoulders portraits. All that with IS so you can worry a little less about longer shutter speeds and softness.

Something I sorely missed from my mirrorless days is that it has proper full time manual focus where the focus ring drives the mechanism directly. Great lens and only £300, the 24 and 28 use basically the same design, although they don't have as wide an aperture.
>>
>>3127480
because Canon lenses are much better and the used lens market is much bigger with much better deals than for Nikon.
You know, the most important part of the photo gear, lenses are much more important than debating about bodies with minimal actual differences.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.