[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come girls like Canon so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0618.gif (2MB, 349x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.gif
2MB, 349x352px
How come girls like Canon so much?
>>
>>3126315
1. The name is easy to say.
2. The logo is appealing.
3. Canon cameras are slightly more feminine in design compared to Nikon.
4. Brand recognition
5. Canon Powershot is a good entryway camera that leads to brand loyalty.
6. Recommendation by other girls creates ripple effect.
>>
>>3126315
I wonder if they like my BBH?

(big black hasselblad)
>>
>>3126360
Hasselblads are silver though.
>>
>>3126315
because their favorite pnw (((((lifestyle-outdoor))))) photographer use canon
>>
>>3126321
>feminine in design

How can a camera be feminine or masculine? Serious question
>>
File: big black hassy.jpg (101KB, 800x503px) Image search: [Google]
big black hassy.jpg
101KB, 800x503px
>>3126364
The digital ones maybe.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
PhotographerYaniv Berman
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4792
Image Height3010
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution70 dpi
Vertical Resolution70 dpi
Image Created2011:10:24 21:43:26
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length36.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height503
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3126370
Maybe he means how Canons generally have smooth and curvy lines, while Nikons and others have hard sharper lines and angles; it's kind of like how a 1st generation Miata is considered feminine, but a Honda S2000 is aggressive and dudebro.
>>
>>3126315
They do?
I thought they liked to tickle each other and start pillow fights in pajamas.
>>
>>3126315
Canon hit a home run with their Rebel series. It has probably been on a feedback loop from girls seeing them and recommending them to each other, further boosted by Canon's brand recognition.

Have you held comparably priced Nikons in your hands at those store camera displays? They are so shit compared to Canon. Nikon's strategy is to pay a "little" more money to get the good shit, in hopes that they can push you down the slippery slope. That strategy doesn't work on women.

And well Sonys, they dont have that big black DSLR appearance that's very important to laymen.
>>
File: p things.jpg (37KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
p things.jpg
37KB, 500x313px
>>
File: p things2.jpg (30KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
p things2.jpg
30KB, 500x313px
>>
File: p things4.jpg (32KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
p things4.jpg
32KB, 500x313px
>>
File: p things3.jpg (44KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
p things3.jpg
44KB, 500x313px

>>
File: p things5.png (239KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
p things5.png
239KB, 500x305px
>>
File: p things6.jpg (68KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
p things6.jpg
68KB, 500x313px

>>
Association.

Girls associate Canon cameras with holidays, ease of use, simplicity, playfulness and creativity.

Nikon cameras, by comparison are boys cameras - heavy, technical, precision and professional.

And they're goddamn right.

*Drives Nikon tank*
>>
>>3126321
fuckin dis
>>
But girls nowadays use mirrorless. Mainly fuji. They just use whatever is fashionable and 'le quirky photographer gurl'
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 220x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 220x221px
>>3126519
I know that feel

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width220
Image Height221
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3126531
wtf I love nikon now
>>
File: canon.jpg (60KB, 460x616px) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
60KB, 460x616px
>>3126555
>>
>>3126321
>3. Canon cameras are slightly more feminine in design compared to Nikon.

I think it's the reverse. Canons are easier to use in manual with a focus ring only prime. Changing the ISO on a base nikon is confusing at first compared to a rebel for a total novice.
>>
>>3126315
Guess I need to dump all my L series lenses. Was wondering why everyone would call me gay when using them.

>implying I have L series lenses
>>
>>3126531
I associated nikon with a brand that failed to innovate or push forward with tech post 90s. Their reliance on sony is killing them as sony just gives them the meh tech.
>>
>>3126603
>sony just gives them the meh tech
That's not how it works. The amount of technology Nikon gets into their sensors depends solely on how much they are willing to pay the foundry, and how much patents they are willing to license from Sony and a billion other technology companies.
It's the money.

It you don't see BSI sensor in the D850, it's solely due to Nikon not investing enough money into foundry and licensing.
Sony isn't getting all their technology from in-house either, they also have to sacrifice a lot of money into other companies that license them the patents. That's Why Sony Semiconductor can't put every sensor they make on sale, their would be a lot of legal troubles if they did.
>>
>>3126610
Lol Sony doesn't have to license shit if they don't want to.
>>
>>3126610
Sony's been known to keep the sensors that test the best for themselves and send off everything that just meets specs for general sale to 3rd party
>>
>>3126619
>keep the sensors that test the best for themselves
But there re other reasons for this than you think.
Sony Semiconductor is a separate limb from Sony Imaging.

I'll give you second example. Sony Semiconductor can make sensor with Dual Pixel, and sell them to Samsung smartphones. Why? Because Samsung either has the technology licensed from Canon, or they don't give a fuck about Canon, and Canon doesn't have the balls to do patent war with Samsung.
But Sony Semi Conductor can't sell that sensor to Sony Imaging, because Sony Imaging doesn't have that license from Canon, or they don't care to buy that license from Canon.
>>
>>3126315
Because women are stupid.
>>
>>3126624
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0661793352/photokina-2014-sony-interview-we-still-need-to-create-more-lenses
>When we make sensors we put them in several categories. [At any given time] one category of sensors is reserved purely for Sony cameras - we don’t sell them to other companies. Like the sensor in the A7S. But once we’ve enjoyed this advantage we might sell them on later, after some time has passed.
>>
>>3126641
You're right in that case, it means the A7S sensor doesn't use super special patents that is hold by foreign companies.
So Sony corporation can eventually put that particular sensor on sale if they will it.

But some of the other sensors that use patents from other companies have more complex situation.
>>
>>3126645
>But some of the other sensors that use patents from other companies have more complex situation.
Like? Every OEM is way behind Sony in sensor tech. Nothing they design will be more advanced than even Sony's 2 year old designs (save for some organic sensor that will never reach consumer cams). Most of them only buy stock sensors other than the super special ones (D500, D5)
http://techinsights.com/reports-and-subscriptions/open-market-reports/Report-Profile/?ReportKey=DEF-1609-802
http://techinsights.com/reports-and-subscriptions/open-market-reports/Report-Profile/?ReportKey=DEF-1605-801
and even then they fall short all over the place

The only case yet to be determined is Samsung with DP-PDAF regarding if Sony licensed Canon's tech or Samsung's licensed Canon's tech (Both Sony and Samsung fab the same sensor). Either way just about every OEM has a patent for DP-PDAF nowadays.

Only thing - yes Sony doesn't sell their good tech. Another OEM (Nikon, Panny, etc) has to provide their own designs to Sony for them to produce if they want something different if Sony doesn't sell/license the IP. And no, Sony does not have to license jack shit if they don't want to.

I don't even know why I'm correcting you. I don't give a shit about this crud.
>>
>>3126656
>Every OEM is way behind Sony in sensor tech
In implementation, yes.

But they made a cross licensing agreement with Aptina a few years back. That means the Aptina patents were valuable enough that Sony was willing to let them use all of Sony's patents, in exchange for Aptina patents.
>>
>>3126380
But canon and nikon dslrs are nearly identical :/
Your point definitely stands if we were comparing it to pentax or something but come on let's face it canon and nikon dslrs are pretty much the same
>>
>>3126522
pretty sure thats a strap
>>
>>3126562

Name of tank?
>>
>>3127181
not a tank, it's a train gun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav
>>
>>3126530
This is weird, man. First time I have ever seen a hot girl being such a tech autist.
>>
>>3126315
Because it CANon while nikoNOT
>>
>>3126380
A miata hardtop does not look feminine tho.
>>
>>3126603
So that explains why Nikon outsell Sony 2 to 1...
>>
>>3126523
>that lens
>nice
She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about.
>>
>>3126371
what camera is that?
im new to photography and im trying to get an analog camera
>>
>>3130291
...in entry level cams
>>
>>3126530
hi 2009
>>
>>3126315
because women always make the wrong choices.
>>
>>3126321
>6. Recommendation by other girls creates ripple effect.
This, honestly.

>First Name Last Name Photographer buys Canon
>takes picture of friend on train tracks
>slaps so many ps actions on the image that it doesn't matter what the original looked liked
>slaps a gaudy watermark on it
>posts it on social media
>OMG! THAT'S LIKE SO PRETTY! WUT CAMERA?
>It's a Canon! You should totally get one! They're the best! I think they take sharper pictures than Nikon!
>[repeat]
>>
>>3126370
Canons are easier to use and give you a good jpeg picture from the start (auto). They are light weight, low priced and had localized menus before other cameras.They are like a mare; easy to ride.
Nikons, on the other hand, are built rugged. They need a tweak and someone who knows whats the hell he's doing to give you a good picture. Nikons are like a stallion, capable but harder to ride.
People either like to ride a mare or a stallion; and some like castrated.
>>
>>3126637
Well the one who chose you is :p
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.