[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to "make it"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Started photography a few years back, and now got to the point of shooting some weddings for money. Its pretty fucking stressful and boring at the same time. I was never inspired, if i may use that faggot-ass word, to do this kind of mundane work. I always dreamed of being an.. artist? Like, not about that fancy natgeo job, but at least, a freelancer, someone who is able to make money off of his pixels, and not his manhours. I know this sounds pretentious artsy.

Shit's pretty depressing because I know how much of a not chance I have at all of this. But photography is literally the only thing im deeply interested in. And it hurts to know I probably will always have to be stuck at some shitty day job, just as Im now stuck in classes that dont interest me at all. Im 22, I should have some kind of a man career infront of me. But I don't want to.

How am I supposed to deal with this shit? Any freelancers on 4chan lel?
>>
Suck a bunch of dicks.
I'm deadass.
>>
Don't ask /p/, ask the photographers you respect that have 'made it'. Be sure to get a good sample size too. Common sense says it'll be tough so you'll need to commit fully and find a way to make it work while supporting yourself financially. I would also ask those same photographers what they'd suggest in terms of the process of becoming successful/financially independent through photography. Best of luck
>>
>freelancer
>artist
pick only one, fagtron.

youre a complete faggot, but whats more, youre conceptually retarded. there is no wedding/freelancer dichotomy, both are cucked slave trash along with concert cucks and newborn weirdos.

you wanna be an art? do art, create series, work on projects, then try to enter the circuit. its not hard, but you need to have a certain amount of talent, a fucking voice of your own, no hard work can fake that.
>>
Do your time and grind
Also you can always add artsy when it's a dumb photo job. Be creative with it

I just got a cushy photography job for real estate with other shit the investor has on the side. The guy likes at and if I can prove myself he'll be willing to put money into having shoots, etc
>>
>>3126087
Eh why not share it with 4chan, what could go wrong? Just a tad drunk, and its not like anybody would care about my shitty "aspirations".

How would you go about getting a chance to write to well respected photographers? Do they just, answer the frickin emails?
>>
>>3126087
>>3126087
Eh why not share it with 4chan, what could go wrong? Just a tad drunk, and its not like anybody would care about my shitty "aspirations".

How would you go about getting a chance to write to well respected photographers? Do they just, answer the frickin emails?
>>
>>3126093
Freelancer. Artist. Call it what you will. I dont care about wording. I guess you are right that wedding photographers and freelancers are the same thing? I dont care, you know what I mean.
>>
>>3126091
Sorry, i tried to reply to you with this:>>3126102
Kill me
>>
>>3126102
>you know what I mean.
no you mongoloid, i dont know what you mean. so you want to be a freelancer? be it and suck cock for the rest of your life and deal with bridezillas and cuck husbands. art is a completely different thing and i hope you know what i mean. theres no art in doing photos on demand, its not even a craft.
>>
>Guys I shoot a few weddings and it sucked the dream is fucking dead
>>
File: coffee_bias.jpg (29KB, 735x423px) Image search: [Google]
coffee_bias.jpg
29KB, 735x423px
>>3126087
technically you should ask both photographers who have made it and those who haven't otherwise you get a selection bias.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.