[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photography roadtrips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

So, a couple of weeks ago I went on a 10 day photography roadtrip. Started in the Netherlands, crossed Germany twice and went through all of Poland. I prepared by looking up interesting (abandoned) places and while on the go I determined what places were closeby. So I basically visited 20% of all prepared places.

Have you guys done anything like a photography roadtrip? Alone or with friends? How much gear? How do you look up interesting points?
>>
Whoops just read of the max image size, resized 'm all.
>>
So yeah, visited a lot of abandoned bunkers, and some places where they had some seriously old steam engines. They still have loads of 'm in Poland.
>>
This was near an abandoned city. had to wak over a train-bridge in order to get there. They blew the bridge up hehe. Didn't check if trains were still going but I was pretty sure they weren't anymore.
>>
Also visited Project Riese (Project Giant). A huuuge project by the nazi's which they never finished. It's also the location of the famous Nazi gold train. Just go into any forest and you'll find bunkers, structures etc etc...
>>
Go into any small village and you'll find interesting stuff. This was from a 20-house village where was a huge mansion. However, it was shot by bits in the second world war. I went into it's cellar through some small hole in the wall, and ended up at the base of the tower. As you can see, not a looot left of the tower.
>>
Was there ever any worry of running into live mines or ammunition?
>>
locations you visited in or near netherlands?
>>
>>3122840
>illegible graffiti styled watermark
>>3122846
>>3122847
>blocky shadows due to extreme compression
>>
>>3122848
>>3122851
I like these. The others don't look right to me. IDK why.. The watermark is also pretty bad. Just honest opinion.
>>
>>3122989
Not really as far as I know... I did watch my step tho there's still so much shit under the ground in these area's. But it's not like I'm the first person to go there.

>>3123023
Not really, that's why I go to Germany or even better, Poland. Netherlands cleans most stuff up.

>>3123031
Not really posting for image quality, these were edited during my trip, saved for/to FB, downloaded, resized again for 4Chan rules and posted. My original 5DSr files look fine originally, trust me.

>>3123040
>>3123031
Bit of a "pen watermark", I like it for being playful. Been using it for a while now, never heard anything bad about it... did hear quite some people who actually liked it. Meh.

Anyone else did similar roadtrips?
>>
The first thing my eyes snap to in all of these photos is the watermark.

It is that distracting.
>>
>>3123102
No, I've never explored Nazi ruins you lucky fuck. But I often go explore new cities or nature for an entire day just to take photos. And of course road trips like Route 66 I take tons of pictures.
>>
File: 4S5A2539.jpg (334KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
4S5A2539.jpg
334KB, 1100x733px
>>3123261
Haha, yeah I meant these kind of photo-roadtrips in general. Not just Nazi stuff.

I've also visited some abandoned Soviet (air)bases. Was fun racing my Corsa on a MIG runway. :)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5DS R
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:07:30 09:17:04
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length12.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1100
Image Height733
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 4S5A2618.jpg (391KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
4S5A2618.jpg
391KB, 1100x733px
>>3123031
>>3122847
Shadows better here?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5DS R
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:07:30 09:23:25
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length12.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1100
Image Height733
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3123333
considerably
>>
>>3123333
Yep it's better.
When you save your file as a JPG in Photoshop, you can adjust the quality.
Usually, piking 9-10 is the best. If you are not sure, save multiple files and see which one is the best but still has a small size to use.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.