[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this painting using the rule of thirds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I know its a painting, but I'd still say its relevant to the board as fine art like this is similar to photography.
>>
>>3122310
youre literally retarded.
>>
>>3122315
Y
>>
File: Screenshot_20170728-115229.jpg (929KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170728-115229.jpg
929KB, 1440x2560px
>>3122310
You tell me
>>
>>3122319
Nice. send a painting that does use the rule of thirds so I can compare
>>
>>3122319
Both of the points of interests are not in the center, isn't that basically the rule of thirds? The two girls are in the center sure but due to the lighting they are obviously not the point of interest like the other girls.
>>
I looked it up now

How do I delete this?
>>
>>3122310
I’d argue it does. The girl on the bottom’s head sits pretty close to the lower right intersection, and so we are drawn to her first and most closely. The other figures don’t meet any of the intersections so they feel detached and cut off from the main subject. It works really nicely imo.
>>
>rule of thirds
>in a square image
If you're going to learn a bunch of stupid "rules", maybe learn what aspect ratios they apply to, too.

Rule of thirds is fucking trash for square format unless it's harmonized by symmetry on the opposite thirds.

You want to make the eye circumnavigate the center of the square frame, not seek out an arbitrary third. Your eye is not drawn naturally to the third of a square, but to its center, and then to the center of the four square quadrants formed by the recognition of the center.

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>3122328
>Both of the points of interests are not in the center, isn't that basically the rule of thirds?
please let this be a joke
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.