[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

photo editing stuff?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: driftwood_lake erie.png (3MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
driftwood_lake erie.png
3MB, 2500x1406px
very amateur photographer. (enter cliche "i've loved taking pictures since i was a kid reeeee" statement here)
at the moment i don't have much money to spend on Photoshop or other high quality photo editors, and I pretty much just like to touch up on colors, shades, light filters and stuff.
is there any kind of specific software /p/ suggests? i've been lurking for a few days but i haven't really seen much, other than photoshop.
right now i've installed GIMP (feel like a classic case of newfag for doing so), PaintShop and Photo Pos Pro.
Should i stick to these, or is there anything else I should pick up?
>>
>>3120763

If you're familiar with torrenting software, you could just torrent CS6 or one of the older versions of photoshop before they started doing the whole monthly fee nazi garbo.

Or just shoot 35mm lol... the money you'll save on gear will more than cover the cost of film/developing.
>>
File: sunset concrete pier.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
sunset concrete pier.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>3120764
i gotcha i'll take a look into CS6, i hadn't even thought of that.
in a few months i'll be able to actually buy gear instead of using a phone, that'll also make everything easier.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelLGMS550
Equipment MakeLG Electronics
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2017:06:04 21:08:54
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Altitude0.00 m
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/2.2
Focal Length3.60 mm
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure ModeAuto
Image Height2340
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
White BalanceAuto
Image Width4160
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Exposure Bias0 EV
Brightness0 EV
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure Time1/30 sec
>>
Get the trial for Photoshop then do this.

https://youtu.be/bJLaDMM-Pu0

You should really try to get into Photoshop it Will be worth it in the end.

Don't start with film by the way, getting feedback with your rolls of film will take way too long to start learning. Start with digital and maybe look if your family has an old camera you can use.
>>
>>3120763
I could recommend 3D LUT Creator.. Have a look at some videos..
>>
>>3120763
Use whatever works? I've never used gimp or any of those others, but what I do know is that it isn't the tools but what you create with them. If you can use gimp to make quality edits to your shots then by all means use it.
Personally I think Photoshop is a little too bloated for my editing needs. It's certainly a powerful software and worth learning but it's applications are so broad that it really isn't worth it to master comprehensivly if you're just doing touch-ups on pics as a photographer.
I still like Adobe though so Lightroom is my weapon of choice. It's a great all-in-one program for importing, organizing, and editing your snaps. It even lets you send your pics to Photoshop for the more advanced edits and brings 'em right back once you're done. Most importantly, it's a non-destructive editor; what that means is it apply edits your pics without actually changing the original files, which enables you to go back and change any edits if you're ever unhappy with them in the future (which will definitely happen while you're learning.) So far Lightroom is the best photography software I've found.
And don't fret if you're too poor to pay. Torrenting is easy a fuck, don't be afraid of it.
>>
>>3120763
Ultimate painter patch 2.0 is all you need. Reference the checksum to make sure you have a good copy. Get the Adobe trial versions from prodesigntools.
>>
>>3120763
Oh, and for the actual software, lightroom for cataloging and 90% of simple editing, and photoshop for the other 10%, when you actually want to do something more than adjust exposure.
>>
>money to spend on photoshop

Anon...what if I told you you can simply pirate its latest version (or any version you want) and use it forever?

I mean, what the fuck? Have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>3120764
Get off the Internet grandpa

To OP:
Just torrent lightroom and be done with it
>>
File: compare.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
I personally have been using GIMP because I haven't yet torrented lightroom. It's not perfect and lightroom definitely looks easier to work with.

Not to hijack your thread OP, but your question was fairly simple and I don't think it's fair to kill a thread to ask about my editing...
pic related: how is the editing? left is original. The cropping is weird because I used a quick website to put two photos in one so it's easier to compare.

I'm afraid I've done too much with the sky.
How is the water?
>>
>>3121137
The waters fine but you need to recover your highlights. Just duplicate the original on top of the edit layer and paint them back in.
>>
>>3121137
You fucked up the sky really bad. The tint is all off, it shouldn't look purple like that. Also the water only seems to be edited on one side. It looks fine though
>>
>>3121191
>>3121152
I think he edited the entire photo at once, in stead of making the individual changes which were needed.

But as a GIMP user, I can say this is the sort of results I would expect if I used it as my primary editing tool.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.