[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20170725_101237.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_101237.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Got this old yashica electro 35 gsn. The battery chamber had corrosion, which I am planning to clean. It was so bad the cap was stuck that I had to open it from the bottom.

This ring on top of the chamber was so corroded that it came off. How can I fix/replace it if even possible?

It was connected to two red wires.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelLG-K550
Equipment MakeLG Electronics
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2017:07:25 10:12:36
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Altitude0.00 m
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/2.2
Focal Length3.60 mm
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure ModeAuto
Image Height2340
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
Image Width4160
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Exposure Bias0 EV
Brightness0 EV
ISO Speed Rating150
Exposure Time1/17 sec
>>
it may be a dud, if possible you could always buy a broken one for parts, but it's need a lot of work to fix

you'd need basic soldering skills, some new parts, which probably isn't worth repairing
>>
>>3120586
Trash.
>>
That's what I thought, thanks y'all.
>>
>>3120586

yeah man, if someone left a battery in there long enough for it to get like that, chances are it's more than just the contacts that are fucked.
You could confirm it pretty easily though, no hard in cleaning off those contacts to see if it fires up. If not, it's probably fucked.
>>
>>3120650

oops, forgot the info on how to clean it.
So when I clean fucked battery contacts, I spray electronics cleaner on it then use little brushes to brush the corrosion off. For severe cases, I file it off.

As for the wires, are you sure about where they were attached? wouldn't be a tough soldering job, but again, the camera may be fucked so I'd just clean everything then hold the wires in place to complete the circuit and see if the camera turns on.
>>
>>3120655
Thanks for the advice.

Yeah the mercury battery was still in it when I got it. I cleaned the chamber and it's much nicer now. The cap might take more work, I haven't been able to take it off yet.

The wires were attached to the ring, but it was so corroded that it fell off. I was advised to use a copper washer and give it a try with the wires, cause you never know.
>>
>>3120586
Clean it and solder it back together with copper wire.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.