[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pricing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1492454102970.jpg (3MB, 2027x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1492454102970.jpg
3MB, 2027x1140px
Hey guys, i've been taking photos for 2 years now, i've never taken pics of someone (i'm into street photography mainly)

But i met a girl who saw my pics and wants to pay me for a simple street photoshoot

How can i know how to charge her? I don't have any clue on how to fucking price my service.

>pic related is not mine, obviously, but i'ts beautiful
>>
Charge for how long you think you'll spend on it times some hourly rate.

For a shoot like that I'd bill something like four hours, maybe six after editing. Since you're new and I'm guessing aren't going to charge professional rates, I'd go with $20-25 per hour. So that somewhere between $80-$150. I'd stick closer to the $150 end.
>>
File: street.jpg (771KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
street.jpg
771KB, 1000x562px
>>3120387
>>
>>3120387

>generic Japanese street shot

Wait, this is considered good?

I mean, the clouds are nice, but otherwise it is a boring street.
>>
>>3120403
It's good enough to get paid for apparently

Welcome to the world of protography protog padowan
>>
>>3120403
>>3120409
He literally said the photo isn't his.
>>
>>3120387
I'd do it for free to avoid the mental pressure and embarrassment. If you haven't shoot photo of a person before high chance are you will fuck up or the results aren't satisfying.

If the results somehow is good, she'll probably hire you again some other time or refer her friends to you. Figure out the charging price by then.
>>
I've done a lot of small jobs like this on the side while studying at uni. Photoshoots before balls, office portraits, release parties, bands, item pics for catalogs, graphic for a website, you name it.

If you're clear about 1. You being an amateur, and 2. Agree on the price beforehand (and watch out if they look "fidgety" or simply not content while discussing. In that case, ask them straight if they're happy with the pricing, and maybe offer a "don't pay if you're not satisfied")

Anyway, check your local community for pricing. In Sweden a normal employed PR photographer gets about $85/h. Wedding photographers usually go a bit higher, but they also usually don't charge by the hour.

Me, I charge $25/h for jobs of a type I'm not 100% confident in/I'm new to, while I charge around $40/h for ones I know I'll be able to do well. I do also of course charge companies more.

In your situation, I'd say maybe $25/h to her, but not actually charging by the hour. Instead I'd state that i think it'll take about 1,5h, and thus set $35 or something as a set price. People prefer a set price, and it stops them from being stressed during the actual photoshoot
>>
Make sure you really figure out what she wants, ask if she had some pictures that she loves/want to imitate. Get a feel for what mood/style/look she's going fore. I did a similar job, just a quick few shots in the city, but turns out her was 100% set on a hip(ster) retro 90's look, and wanted everything shot by analogue.

If you've done street on and off for two years I think you'll do fine since you'll be in the same environment as usual. Scout a spot beforehand with good lightning, and choose the right time+weather.
And remember, that one great pic is all they need to be happy. Your first jobs will be stressful, but it always works out in the end. You can do like
>>3120416 said as well. I probably would. Or make her get dinner for you after the shoot or whatever. I usually charge my friends in beer
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.