[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>use medium format camera >take picture of literally anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>use medium format camera
>take picture of literally anything
>looks amazing
I don't get it? How do they do it?
>>
they don't? usually people who shoot medium format know how to compose and shoot subjects

they wouldn't drop the money or time into it if they didn't, it takes passion to shoot medium format, weather it's film, or digi
>>
The size of noise stays the same while the subject increases massively in proportion.
>>
>>3120160
I got a Yashica D for $50. But the film and development costs do add up.
>>
>>3120173
how much would I be looking at to take 10 snapshits and have them developed? (so film + printing)
>>
>>3120160

That's not always true, case in point; me.
>>
>>3120209
Nobody gets lol prints if they're shooting medium format. Thats typically an extra cost. c41 dev costs me $6/roll. On 6x6 that means $0.50/frame
>>
>>3120209
buy a holga 120 on amazon for like $30, a roll of whatever 120 film for like $10 bucks max, develop them for $8, and scan them for free on someones flatbed (try the library)

dont tell anyone you used a shitty toy camera, that way they'll think its lo-fi soft artsy on purpose
>>
>>3120252
>using a piece of shit that doesn't work properly for style points
I hate photography
>>
>>3120249
yeah I guess that would work, I'd probably want to scan them into my pc anyway. How much is the film itself though?
>>
>>3120444
depends in where you live and what you buy

in communist paradise northern eurozone fresh portra is like 8-10bux a roll, developing 6-8bux per roll if you don't do it yourself.

buy expired shit on ebay and you can get stuff for 3-5bux per roll, but of course you can never be sure if you end up with a load of shit that way.
>>
File: 19795573400_f259abff06_o.jpg (150KB, 690x700px) Image search: [Google]
19795573400_f259abff06_o.jpg
150KB, 690x700px
>>3120444
Anywhere from $1/roll to $30/roll depending on where you live and what you're buying.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2007:10:02 18:43:22
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width690
Image Height700
>>
>>3120473
so I'm guessing one eurobuck per pic minimum. not as horrible as I thought actually. I might look into getting a camera then, any recommendations for vintage cameras that are cheap but good?
>>
>>3120142
Photos which are sharp with blurred backgrounds and good contrast always look good, but once you get beyond the technical wow it's usually a boring photo.
>>
>>3120142
bugs.. put some butter on that carrot.. you look famished
>>
>>3120247
What MF do you shoot?

Was it a Mamiya RB67?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.