[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macro Photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 3288814_orig.jpg (55KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
3288814_orig.jpg
55KB, 500x400px
Hey /p/ I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good legacy macro lenses to me. I shoot in a Sony A6300 and have been wanting to try that sweet 1:1 shooting.

I was hoping to use a Legacy lens because I've grown to love using older mf lenses that cost less and are more durable and have character.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>3120104
>legacy
you meant old, outdated?
>more durable
that's false
>have character
that means they're optically worse
>any suggestion
find the gear thread
>>
>>3120105
I mean would you call the swirly bokeh produced by a helios 44-2 as being optically worse?
>>
>>3120105
>Tfw you get this dumb asshole
>>
File: Screenshot_20170724-113905.png (271KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170724-113905.png
271KB, 720x1280px
>>3120104
Couldn't tell you about lenses since I shoot older equipment but I love macro photography and am too in search for a lens with 1:1. I think I'm just going to get a tube. The tube I'm looking at says its for a 50mm but it should work with any lens of the same mount right? Ideally I would use my macro zoom with a tube and get amazing 1:1 macro shots, is there a flaw in my plan I'm not seeing? Pic related, its the tube I'm going to buy
>>
>>3120106
optically, yes

easthetically, no as long as you want to get that effect
>>
>>3120109
below 35 mm you are going to have a bad time, works fine for 50mm and above
>>
>>3120109
That tube is intended to be used exclusively with the 50mm f/3.5 MD macro lens. It doesn't work with any others, believe me as that was the first thing I tried when I got one. Its only purpose is allowing 1:1 magnification ratio on the macro lens (without it the lens goes up to 1:2).
>>
>>3120121
Interesting, I'll have to look for that lens then. I'm still going to try it with my lenses though, what makes it work with that specific 50mm and nothing else?
>>
>>3120104
its not 1:1 but the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8 is SHARP. I use it with an extension tube for film scanning so I don't have any real world samples
>>
File: _DSC5266-copy.jpg (91KB, 960x707px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC5266-copy.jpg
91KB, 960x707px
>>3120104

Look at Minolta. Their AF lenses will autofocus with the proper adapter.

I beleive there is also a 50mm MD lens with 1:1 too.

But their is already a native macro lens for e-mount and it is one of the best ever made. Go pick up the SEL90M28 and you will be set.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width960
Image Height707
>>
>>3120376
Yeah for like 1k that is a lot to drop on a style of photography you are just getting in to.
>>
>>3120492

Totally worth it though.

Lens doubles as a pretty solid portrait lens too. It is absurdly sharp.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.