[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PHOTOGRAPHY RESOURCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1499990894768.jpg (252KB, 1050x739px) Image search: [Google]
1499990894768.jpg
252KB, 1050x739px
Where do I learn actual shit about photography in the most efficient manner that will make me much more successful?

I'm sick and tired of simply shooting in automatic, I'm too ignorant/don't understand ISO,compusure, aperture or any of those words (in my mind I justify it by thinking I'm """good enough already""")... yet I do seem to have an eye for a shot, I want to take it to the next level.
What do you anons recommend? (Currently using a D7000
YouTube tutorials? Certain YouTube channels? A good book on photography? Paying to take a course?
>Pls be nice
>>
Maybe you could read the fucking sticky
>>
File: 1500433858822.jpg (450KB, 1600x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1500433858822.jpg
450KB, 1600x1073px
>>3118341
I want other opinions? Is it too much to ask?
>>
>>3118343
The library you stupid faggot.
>>
Fuck anyone here man,
Start by understanding the concept that photography is a problem solving game. In this game you have 3 things to consider when creating an image.
Exposure, Focal Length and Motion

First you're not going to understand this concept but study this as much as you can and practice it and slowly your brain will make the connections.

After you understand these 3 things you can jump into different subjects of learning such as composition, subject matter.

And another BIG thing that you shouldn't forget. Is that photography is all about LIGHT. If you get that concept you'll be miles better than other people, and it will show on your photography.
Good luck my man, and like I said its a game so have fun understanding it.
>>
>>3118362
thank you so much , appreciate it. Thanks for not being a dick. I'll write down what you wrote.
>>
>>3118339
What helped me learn was watching YouTube videos and reading books. However, not every video you watch or book you pick up is easy to comprehend, but if you're passionate then sifting through all the BS is something that is tolerable. You'll get to a point where you keep seeing the same information over and over and it'll start to make sense.

Researching photography has been so fun and perhaps one of my absolute favorite things about it is that there's always something to learn.

A book I can rec (it's not the best but it helps) is the Digital Photography Book: Photo Recipes by Scott Kelby. It may sound a little lame but it's basically just examples of an array of photos and this dude's explanation of how to get that specific shot (as if you're standing right next to him after he took it).

Talking with friends that know anything about photography also helps so that all the information doesn't get jumbled up in your brain and become overwhelming.
>>
>>3118339
>>3118376
Also, ISO is the camera's sensitivity to light. If it's a bright day outside you'd use a lower number like 100 or 200 because they're less sensitive than 800 or 1600, which are used in lower light situations.
Aperature controls how much light enters the camera. Shooting "wide open" would mean shooting with a lower aperature of f1.8 or f2 (also known as f-stops), thus letting in a lot of light. Contrarily, shooting with an f-stop of f11 will let in less light. (If you search for pictures of what the aperature ring looks like it really helps to visualize it)
Lastly, shutter-speed is how fast you want to capture the light.

Now you just have to put it all together! That's the fun of it~

Hope any of what I said helps!
>>
When did /p/ get so unfriendly? Haven't been on here for almost a decade, you guys sure managed to fuck it up eh.

I have a good 100gigs+ of books on photography photography art books etc. When I can afford the storage to get it all in one place I was thinking of making a torrent for /p/ but would it be accepted into the sticky, and more importantly, would people actually want it?
>>
>>3118410
As long as you've got resources on composition and subject in your huge ass library, then by all means go for it.
>>
>>3118410
Yes please I'd really appreciate the torrent
>>
>>3118410
That would be great!
>>
>>3118414
I would certainly imagine there's a lot of books dedicated to just that. Also, it's not such a big resource, I've seen FTP's and people's "trade sheets" with far more in the past.

OK so there is some interest, well when I get back into work and have sorted out my debts I'll make a torrent. So by this time next year, fingers crossed I'll be able to share.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.