[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What mail order lab is the cheapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: jp-FILM-3-jumbo.jpg (338KB, 1024x813px) Image search: [Google]
jp-FILM-3-jumbo.jpg
338KB, 1024x813px
>>
I know developing film film is developing film, but what film lab delivers consistent and high-quality negatives, what lab develops the best. I scan my own negatives so I'm not worried about scans I just need to know what the cheapest and best film lab is for developing
>>
>>3118058
Do ut urnself?
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/20411-Arista-C-41-Liquid-Color-Negative-Developing-Kit-1-Quart
>>
I've had consistent and great results with The Darkroom.
>>
develop the rolls yourself, it's so easy a caveman can do it
>>
>>3118070

>$28
>plus shipping
>for 8 rolls of film

My man that comes out to between $3.5 to $5 per roll. Costco does it for a buck fifty.
>>
>>3118058
>the cheapest and best
these are generally mutually exclusive
if you want the best do not chose the cheapest, and if you chose the cheapest do not expect anywhere near the best
>>
>>3119934
I don't think Costco does film any longer
>>
>>3120309
That sucks! I haven't shot a roll in years, but if I were to, I'd develop there.
>>
>>3119934
4 bux per roll is extremely cheap now. every charges 11+ USD now
>>
>>3120325

Really? Fuck.
>>
>>3120337
yep, if youre really lucky you might find one of the very last shops who are still charging early 2000s prices, but it's only a matter of time before their lab equipment can no longer be economically maintained.

the best route now is to develop film yourself. film is now a hobbyist endeavor and being involved in the development of film is part of the reason people shoot film now. or else be prepared to pay for the convenience of having someone else do it for you.
>>
>>3120325
In the Netherlands, a lot of convenience stores still do it for €2-3. They send it to the Dutch central Fuji lab and I don't think they're planning on quitting. 120, 220, 135, APS, loose film, in C41 and E6. I don't know how they do it, but they do.
>>
>>3120325
Isn't there still drug stores there that do it?

It's still pretty economical in Canada to shoot 135 and get someone else to dev. I haven't been too salty about it, until I shot my first roll of e6 120 and it was like $14 and 2+ weeks to develop. Fuck that
>>
>>3120696
tiny dense country should be very easy for labs to do it economically for cheap, not so in the states
>>
>>3120877

>tiny, dense country

Yep, $5 for developing c41 here in Japan, and I am in rather small city (a little over one million population). One hour turnaround, though if you come back after 30-45 minutes or so they often have it ready.

3 days for e6, but usually have them after 2. Probably shorter in Tokyo.
>>
there are alot of drug stores here in the US that will develop your negatives and give you the prints, but you never get your negatives back.
I develop my own B&W film, but I briing my color to a photography shop and they have a 1-day turn around. about $6.00 a roll of 24 color
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.