[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the Chardin of photography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 2-2-2b.jpg (111KB, 1023x810px) Image search: [Google]
2-2-2b.jpg
111KB, 1023x810px
Who's the Chardin of photography?
>>
>>3117442
>hurr depicting the banal in good light is artz
all instagram hipsters then. that painting is the literal equivalent to the iphone next to a cup of coffee over a nice looking wood table
>>
>>3117447
>hurr
>artz
>literal equivalent
We're dealing with a sharp mind here. We'd best move carefully, lest we'd cut ourselves.
>>
>>3117447

Well on the surface perhaps. But this kind of work is meant to convey a narrative out of the frame. Most still life just isn't interesting enough to care about too much I think.

No idea for op though.
>>
>>3117554
But what kind of narrative out the frame would you say this painting conveys? That someone drinks water and likes garlic?
>>
>>3118208
just because there's garlic on the table doesn't necessarily mean the person likes it.
>>
>>3117442

Laura Letinsky
>>
>>3117554
>muh symbolz
>muh clock on the table means you get old ;_;
YEAH REAL CUTTING EDGE STUFF REALLY MAKES YOU THINK HUH
>>
File: photo_003.jpg (110KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo_003.jpg
110KB, 900x900px
Peter Lippmann

http://www.peterlippmannfineart.com/
>>
>>3117538
>lesn't we'rnet cut ourselfs

Fixed it for you family
>>
>>3118541
>fine art

Lol
>>
File: larger.jpg (96KB, 1024x808px) Image search: [Google]
larger.jpg
96KB, 1024x808px
>>3118430
some nice pics but they didn't have the quiet comfiness of chardin
>>3118610
thenks
>>
Can someone explain this type of photography to me?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4500
Image Height3600
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2009:10:26 10:09:31
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1080
Image Height864
>>
File: rule_of_thirds.jpg (39KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
rule_of_thirds.jpg
39KB, 900x720px
>>3120653
rule of thirds???
You got me.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width960
Image Height720
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2017:07:26 03:22:43
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width900
Image Height720
>>
>>3117554
Many still lifes had a lot of symbolism in them, based on the choice of subjects tbqh.
>>
>attempting to mimic the style of an artist using digital

who are these morons
>>
>>3121194
wat
>>
but this person did a bad job with that composition anyway, the left side is obviously much heaver with the hilt of the sword AND that dark shadow, while the right side is only a thin blade and bright light, also you can barely see the sword in detail, like idk, this kind of photo is so boring. it's much more impressive to do this kind of still life with a painting, much more skill involved.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.