[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some good medium format toy cameras?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

what are some good medium format toy cameras?
>>
>>3115990
Holga for lo-fi look. Lubitel 166 TLR line for a better IQ and more control for a little bit more money.

Take into account that the Lubitel line is considered toy cameras for being constructed in plastic but the optics are half decent and you have a better degree of control of the exposure.

Ignore the Diana, it's overpriced as hell and not much better (in some regards even worse) than the Holga.
>>
>>3116001
Lubitels and soviet cameras are memes. My lubitel died on me multiple times. Last year I dropped it and the taking lens fell off the body, I put it together but it wont focus to infinity and it's not coupled with the viewing lens.

For a cheap MF camera you can't beat Holga. For a couple bucks more a yashica TLR is the best buy, it's almost a rolleiflex.
>>
>>3116016
>I dropped my camera and it broke. That camera and its country of origin are memes! They're shit!
>>
RZ67
>>
>>3116053
Stop it, polishfag. You know soviet cameras are memes.

I have a FED 3 and 5, a smena and a LOMO LC-A. They are all shit.

>try to set the speed before cocking the shutter
>get the camera jammed
>literally all soviet cameras
>>
>>3116175

Why do you own so many dog-shit cameras and complain? You sound like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>3116175
Got a Zorki 5 around that I haven't used for quite some time, but I remember I oftentimes set shutterspeed before cocking the shutter. Nothing ever happened.
>>
File: khbfrontglamorz.jpg (107KB, 700x786px) Image search: [Google]
khbfrontglamorz.jpg
107KB, 700x786px
Don't forget the Brownie Hawkeye.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSLR-A900
Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)100 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2009:06:09 21:15:32
Exposure Time0.4 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Brightness4.4 EV
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width700
Image Height786
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3116195
Owning, collecting and complaining are different things.

>>3116205
sometimes they will die on you for no reason.
>>
>>3116175
They fixed the shutter cock issue on the FED 5. You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>3116399
>fixing something on the 5th version
>complains about sony
>>
File: funny-puzzle.jpg (155KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
funny-puzzle.jpg
155KB, 1000x667px
>>3116328
Any camera can die on you for no apparent reason.
After doing a complete repair+CLA on a Zorki C (including a repair of the shutter curtains) I can tell you that mechanically, these are not better or worse than e.g. a screw mount Leica.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2048
Image Height1536
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:07:18 11:23:51
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>3116328
So you hoard trash? Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>3116577
>he thinks cameras assembled by slaves have the same tolerance as mechanical pieces of superior german engineering
>>
>>3115990
Thinking of buying a single lens 120. What are the advantages/disadvantages to a tlr vs single lens versions? Worth 30 freedom bucks?
>>
>>3116768
>he never used a Barnack, let alone M Leica
>>
>>3116016
How to reset focus, take off viewing lens, open back and tape paper with longs drawn on it to where the film sits. Shine diffused light through the paper. Set taking lens to where you think infinity is.
Take dslr with live view, set lens to infinity and look through the taking lens of lubitel. Adjust taking lens until the paper's grain can be visible, the peak sharpness. That is your infinity focus. Put on the viewing lens having it against it's infinity stop.

Congratulations, you've re focused a tlr alternatively send it to me and I'll use it like it should be used.
>>
>>3116815
It's a "fake" TLR, you just get a second lens for composing instead of a viewfinder but you won't be able to check the focus because lenses are not connected. Just get any single lens model and call it a day.
>>
>>3115990
Would it be worth it to put a Polaroid back on a 120 for instant mf shots?
>>
>>3116822
The viewing lens isn't focusing to infinity at the infinity mark even if the taking lens is properly focused to infinity. It's a pain in the ass to assemble it, let it die.

>>3116822
My uncle owns a leica III and a M2, M3 and a M6. The old leicas can't even be compared to those soviet half-assed copies.
>>
>>3117563

Minolta made an m-mount camera in the 80s that was unmatched until the M7.
>>
>>3115990
lubitel is super cheap and can get some sweet photos.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.