[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Analog photography youtubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: nf.png (734KB, 1366x634px) Image search: [Google]
nf.png
734KB, 1366x634px
Am I the only one who think their videos are pretty good but can´t stand their pretentious hipsterness talking/personalities?
Do anyone knows about some other good-content youtubers focusing on analog?
>>
The one on the left is pretty good
>>
>>3115485
Eduardo Perez Goye photos are pretty basic.
Check his flickr account
>>
>>3115458
guy on the right looks like an alien
>>
Buy some good books instead.
>>
>>3115458
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA6o4ZjA0yxWQZ0SyFeEFSg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkcuvqBAZPgTJ9evx9wkzvA
>>
>>3115508
Nico´s cringy but cool
>>
>>3115495
ayyyyyy that's not nice
>>
>>3115458
ID on these people ?
>>
>>3115458
>can´t stand their pretentious hipsterness talking/personalities?

They're reeling in that hipster crowd boi, they need that image and persona, personally I don't care anymore, they make good content.

If you have an issue with it, start your own youtube channel.

Personally I'd love a channel that is the same non-pretentious, get-on-with-it style as Mattias Wandel, but with photography.
>>
>>3115659
EduardoPavezGoye and Negative Feedback
>>
>>3115458
>Am I the only one who think their videos are pretty good
In what fucking way? Really, can you describe 10 elements that make their videos "pretty good". I don't think you can.

Chances are you're there because you think you like film photography and you like old cameras. Both channels are filled with the same stifled format that loses it's appeal after three episodes hosted by people who are not photographers and want to get a grasp of that e-fame. They're made to appeal to clueless fucks and neets.
>>
>>3115751
Why the fuck should we justify why we like something? Fuck you, don't like it, don't watch it. I couldn't give less of a fucking toss.
>>
>>3115751
>YOU MUST BE A RESPECTED PHOTOGRAPHER, UPLOAD CONTENT THAT DOESN'T SHILL MILLENNIALS AND EVERY VIDEO HAS TO BE COMPLETELY TO RUN A PHOTOGRAPHY CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>3115458
Ian Wong.

Also, try "Analog Rev" which was a segment for digitalrev which he did. His own channel's videos are edited really well and look pretty good. His recent video about Brad Pitt's GQ shoot is annoying though cuz Ryan McGinley is shit.
>>
>>3115751
who are your favourite photography youtubers ?
>>
>>3115771
Anolog Rev was my favourite series on DRTV. Such a shame everyone went their own ways especially since they didn't do too many Anolog Revs.
>>
That guy who did some experiments comparing agitation frequency, agitation strength, and developers (HC-110 vs. DD-X vs. Rodinal) on Tri-X, he's fairly good in at least the experiment vids. Talks too much though, shows unimportant bits of the process, repeats basics, doesn't highlight important bits enough; still better than most of the film hipster set on Youtube.
>>
>>3115854
You mean Azriel Knight? He's one of my favourites very underrated. His videos in the darkroom can get kinda boring but his other videos like his 30 Days of Knight or The Pickerazzo are great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAzugEOSxg
>>
the sad thing is both or photography channels in general are not getting much views
>>
Negative Feedback is probably the only photography channel I enjoy watching because I don't get the constant urge to fast-forward the video so they can stop fucking talking nonsense and repeating themselves and go straight to the point.

I mean, most of his videos are "we're going to do thing [with somebody]" and then he proceeds to do the thing, shows the results immediately then leave all the jargon, personal opinions, judging and technical talk for the last part if you're really interested in it.
>>
>>3115771
This. Plus he isn't a gearfag like everyone else.
>>
>>3115458
His gf is ugly as fuck.
>>
>>3116892
pretty sure thats just a man with long hair in a tank top not his gf lol
>>
>>3116897
it's actually his gf
>>
>>3115771
>>3116006
>>3115771
Is this literally you shilling yourself, Ian Wong?
You're a total casual babby with no idea what you're talking about. You speak in platitudes you read from an eric kim blog post. Your "photography" is full retard mode buy a chink model for a couple of hours and shoot her wide open and backlit as fuck in popular honky tourist destinations. Your on-tape mannerisms are awkward and amateur, you umm and ahh and repeat yourself, and speak too fast, and visibly struggle with your lines.
Please just get a job in finance or IT and go away.

>also, Matt Day uber alles
>>
>>3116892
Which one?
>>
>>3116914
>implying Ian would lost his time lurking /p/
Only Jason lose his time in this shithole
>>
>>3116897
"She" looks like a man.
>>
File: 011-chloe-sevigny-theredlist.jpg (341KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
011-chloe-sevigny-theredlist.jpg
341KB, 800x800px
>>3116955
sturdy-featured women are bae

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>3116955
She looks like a character out of Gummo
>>
>>3116955
>>3116966
What is it called when you see something strange and "ugly" but you still feel atracted to it in some way?
>>
>>3116974
desperation
>>
>>3116974
she isn't ugly actually, reminds me my crush *moan*
>>
>>3115760
whoa hold on there Mr Alienhead
>>
>>3115492
his flickr stuff is pretty damn good, wish i could make nice pics like that
>>
Does anyone here watch Mattias Burling? I'm currently obsessed with his street photography and he makes great aesthetically pleasing videos of camera reviews and other related things plus his dog and Swedish accent makes him that much more likable imo
https://youtu.be/5CQMsGOtAOU
>>
File: IMG_3779.jpg (55KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3779.jpg
55KB, 512x288px
the only patrician analog youtuber

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width512
Image Height288
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3116914
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Matt Day
>>
>>3115458
Goye is surprisingly tolerable
no idea who the other one is
>>
>>3118153
>Matt Day
>MUHHHHHH BLACK AND WHITE
>MUHHHHHHHH CONTRAST
>>
>>3118151
This guy here
>>
negative feedback is absolute shit.
>>
goye can carry a video, they are well edited and hes just very likeable. pretty sure lots of folks have picked up a camera because of him, and the fact that they give him money to just talk and be nice is pretty cool.

i think of him as a simple and effective motivator, because, while his pedagogy is good, his actual photo skills are super lame, hes capable of going and getting the shot he wants, but they are all superficial stuff, people put right in the thirds, dogs, couples kissing, etc, his eye has no complexity or characteristics of his own, he doesnt even has themes, his photos are unidimensional and die the moment you look at them.
>>
>>3115458
i like these channels. i like seeing them messing around with their hobby. idk if i like photography enough to actually take pictures everyday every minute, but i wish i liked photography a lot.
>>
>>3119379
i want to like what you like but can you give examples of the good ones ?
>>
>>3117648
He's very good but not a lot of film content per se.

https://m.youtube.com/user/atorrentofvideos
I like this guy. Don't need /pol/ approval to admit it.
>>
>>3116974
redpilled
>>
>>3119422
good ones what, photographers or youtubers? i dont watch youtubers, thats the only one i know and i watched a couple of his vids because i was looking for demos of the nishika n8000.
>>
>>3117208
same
another similarity is that neither will ever love me
>>
I love eduardos videos because I can open them and go to a different tab and listen to that nice jazz drumming

I was going to rip all of them from the videos since like none of them are on his soundcloud
>>
>>3119313
who?
>>
>>3118151
>>3120541

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGhHz0Vk2xg&t=33s

Mike Janik

dude is an absolute smarmy hipster whiteboi, but if you can get over that he's likable, he's got good taste and a good perspective on /p/ level photography.

I enjoy him much more than that low testos English alien. I dont really like his photos, but i dont like any of these fuccboi youtubers photos, but Janik is confirmed comfy watching.
>>
>>3118151
This guy is the fucking worst of them all.

Negative feedback guy actually takes decent photos and puts effort in.

This guy intentionally takes hipster limo shit because he thinks it's "artsy"
His type is the fucking reason people think film looks like shitty instantly filters.
>>
File: Eggleston.jpg (168KB, 1023x672px) Image search: [Google]
Eggleston.jpg
168KB, 1023x672px
>>3122162
Negative Feedback has 0 charisma, he's such a pain to watch and cant hold any of your attention, he spends the entire 20 min squarespace sponsored video mumbling some bullshit almost apologising for his mediocrity, you can see it in his eyes.

Atleast Janik knows how to speak to a camera, he doesnt drag time on he gives you the stuff you want to know in a concise and chill way. Plus his vlogs are interesting 1st person travels through the city,

fucking Alien's last vid was just him doing the classic post-Neistat jewtube vlog out getting food with his manly looking gf

>Negative feedback guy actually takes decent photos and puts effort in.

if you honestly believe this (including liking any of these Youtubers shit photos) there is no saving you Your taste is doomed and you are the cancer of the monetised mediocrity of the 21st century.
>>
>>3122176
>Atleast Janik knows how to speak to a camera, he doesnt drag time on he gives you the stuff you want to know in a concise and chill way. Plus his vlogs are interesting 1st person travels through the city,
Jesus christ you insufferable faggot
Maybe you should switch your attention from photography if cancerous eceleb wannabe travel vlogs is more your speed
>>
Remember back when Ted Forbes used to do videos on technique and application thereof? I have no idea what changed; he used to be sharp as fuck. Going pro, selling out?

>>3118155
His egregious goggles betray the quality of his content. I mean, the photos are kind of bland, but they're from exotic places taken with semi-bad cameras (classic glass, soviet gear? won't catch that korean guy doing this.) so they're interesting enough.
>>
I watch the Negative Feedback videos, but the guy who does them just seems like a super try-hard.

I don't find the images he makes are that good really, some of the portrait ones are decent though.

He's a just a bulbous-headed hipster really.
>>
>>3115508
All Aspects of Photography is great.
>>
>>3118151

Seriously. Shouts out to Mike.

Keeps shit interesting. Wish he was more active, but quality over quantity.
>>
>>3122162
>>3122144

These. At first I thought he was annoying, but then I started to like it. Just take the dude as he is. It's nice seeing someone being lighthearted about photography. He does have a great philosophy.

His photos don't do much for me though.
>>
>>3115458
>all the film shooters are hipsters
even old people moved on.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.