[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

camera theft thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7267_2_DxO.jpg (151KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7267_2_DxO.jpg
151KB, 683x1024px
I´m going to travel in SE-Asia soon, and I´m worried about my gear beeing stolen.
Thread for tips on theft and theft-protection and theft stories

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
just use some Canon gear. thieves avoid canon
>>
>>3112103
Tape your logos
Don't walk around with it round your neck unneccesarily
Wear both straps of your backpack
Walk on the side of the pavement away from the road
Generally be aware of your surroundings
Don't set your camera/valuables on the table at restaurants when you eat, have it in your bag, at your feet
Have fun in SEA anon
>>
>>3112103
handcuff your camera to your hand, that way it'll force you to get better at photography too.
>>
File: 1460251758400.jpg (230KB, 500x706px)
1460251758400.jpg
230KB, 500x706px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width500
Image Height706
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2013:09:29 21:07:45
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width500
Image Height706
>>
Hasn't it fucking dawned on anyone here that people ONLY tape logos on expensive cameras and it's a literal dead giveaway the taped camera is valuable and worth stealing, unlike all the other entry level canikujipusaxes normie tourists tout around? All you all actually this retarded?
>hur stupid thif my tape will fool him!
>>
as far as i expierenced it´s most important to always be careful and aware of your surroundings. if a thieve notices you don´t watch out it´ll make you an easy target
>>
>>3112128
this is pretty solid advice.
I'd recommend a very plain strap with anti slash measures.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't integrated cell phone theft measures into cameras. Many already have GPS built in for metadata, why wouldn't they allow you to register and remotely disable it? Guess camera companies are more interested in getting your money than helping you protect your investment.

>>3112147
some people don't like the obnoxious branding on cameras or want to cover it up in the same way musicians (usually shitty ones) tape over apple logos on their laptops. I imagine if you go a bit overboard on the tape you can make it look like your camera has been abused and is falling apart making it worthless to resell.
>>
>>3112175
GPS is a one way signal retard.
>>
Watching this is 100% obligatory!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbpKhHwwtiY
Also an option is to use several straps with locks on them and weave them in a 90° angle. But I dunno how secure that truly is.
>>
>>3112175
Fair enough, not wanting to be a walking brand advertisement is a legitimate reason, extra taping up to look broken makes sense, too. I still stand by just taping logo as anti theft measure being idiotic. Thank you for taking your time to reply anon.
>>
>>3112128
thanks dude
>>
>>3112175
Without a phone connection there is no way for the camera to report it's location back to the mothership.
>>
Singapore, Vietnam (north to south), Thailand, Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap) are quite touristy areas with intl. tourists. I had no issues there. If going to the Philippines, be extra mindful especially in Metro Manila.

And better not check-in your camera body and lenses while boarding the plane. In some instances, they also get stolen.

Best to use Common Sense™ desu.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDk5EfPAxoY

how would you take them on?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.