[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these shits so expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 71iShEzsfRL._SL1000_.jpg (131KB, 1000x944px) Image search: [Google]
71iShEzsfRL._SL1000_.jpg
131KB, 1000x944px
Why are these shits so expensive?
>>
this board needs to be nuked.
>>
>>3110079
>t-triggered
>>
>>3110075
First for an honest answer:
These are made to have perfectly printed colors that are constant card to card, also the 18% gray is made to reflect exactly 18% of all light that shines on it. Basically the tolerances, and the fact that a handfull of brands make it make them so expensive
>>
>>3110170
also you could have googled it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColorChecker
>>
>>3110075
Auto-calibration ability with Adobe software.

If you don't need the auto calibration, you'd be all right with the Chinese $15 shipped variant.
>>
Because they are precision instruments. When you have tools that are machined down to <0.1mm accuracy and wont degrade, you will know why such tools are so expensive.
>>
>>3110174
>Because they are precision instruments.
Eh, that degree of colour accuracy is not really special. Most companies that make coloured paper or coloured plastics or whatever have this kind of colour accuracy by default.
>>
>>3110174
But the do degrade. After I few years it is recommended to replace the colorchecker as the color will lose consistency.
>>
>>3110075
15 bucks is expensive? Just use your fucking eye to correct it on LR.
>>
>>3110372
$50-$100 is expensive. If you know a quality alternative for $15, link it.
>>
>>3110495
Just pick one in a chin chong site. "precision" color are BS.
>>
>>3110372
>use your fucking eye
Kek, take a chill pill, Ken Rockwell.
>>
Bump for link to $15 Chinese version that's more than an 18% grey card lanyard
>>
>>3110508
>he doesn't know
>>
>save OP's pic
>print it
>free color checker
>>
File: really makes u think....gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
really makes u think....gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>3110875
>>
>>3110075

even considering buying one of these makes you a retard
>>
File: e13.gif (1MB, 311x228px) Image search: [Google]
e13.gif
1MB, 311x228px
>mfw I already have color vision so I don't need one of these
>>
>>3110884
>I like fiddling with settings until color looks sorta maybe right
>>
File: ab.jpg (76KB, 1165x348px) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
76KB, 1165x348px
I was lucky once.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3110884
>>3110901
how do you know if your eyes/brain isn't fucked up and you are seeing colors incorrectly?
>>
>>3110172
Lol, no.
I got them, they're printed on semi reflective card and the colors are massively inaccurate, I then got the passport and the difference is huge.

You're better off with nothing than those chink shits.

>>3110176
Lol, no.

>>3110367
It depends how much light the card sees

>>3110508
And let me guess, calibrating your monitor by eye is fine too? Worthless hack.

Colour calibration is important if you ever want wealthy corporate clients that will happily pay £2k a day.
>>
>>3110075
>Why?
Because people are willing to pay too much for them is why. When people stop paying out the rear for them the price will drop.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.