[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for gear recommendations for freelance videography. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 600d_front.jpg (112KB, 1280x756px) Image search: [Google]
600d_front.jpg
112KB, 1280x756px
Looking for gear recommendations for freelance videography. I have a t3i with a 50mm 1.8 and the kit lens. I have a manfrotto 502 HD fluid head and a pair of legs, a monopod, and some cheap LEDs from amazon. Really feels like a weak setup and i dont really know what to go for next. Looking at some stabilizers, maybe a shoulder rig? Anyone care to steer me in the right direction?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.5.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>3109934
biggest cam, lens and flash you can find
>>
>>3109934
Get a RED Weapon 6k/8k or at least an A7S II. And good glass.

Also get a stabilizer, sure - inertial or with gyro.
>>
instead of being a stupid poorfag who uses (((sony)))

get the new Red Weapon 8k, the top of the line, ultimate video camera

don't cripple yourself with """4k""" and future proof yourself for the future of video

>inb4 poorfag

just take out a loan moron, Linux Tech Tips even agrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t1PQJmM8P4&t=1s
>>
>>3109957

>50k
>doesn't have a screen
>doesn't have a battery
>doesn't have good audio in
>doesn't let you connect said battery without an adapter
>doesn't have a usable lens mount

wow this is the professional experience
>>
>Buying a RED for freelance videography

lmao yes, become a broke retard or a film school idiot.

>renting gear
>>
>>3109934
Go for the Canon 80D or a used in good conditions 5D mkIII. glass get something lke the 24-70mm 2.8 IS

Sony a7sII would be good too
>>
>>3109957
Linus is the gold standard of faggotry
why in fucks country would he need that camera?
>>
>>3109982
>>3109957
>$50,000 for base camera
>$1500 for battery (camera doesn't come with battery)
>$2700 for screen (camera doesn't come with screen)
>$2,000 for lens adapter (can't connect lenses out of the box)
>$1,750 for an adapter for your adapters
>$200 for a screen cable adapter (cable not included)
>$240 for the cable
>$100 for a card reader
>$300 for an adapter to connect the battery to the camera
>$150 for some kind of tiny arm
>$950 for a handle
>In total he paid $138,000 for two cameras plus accessories, $60,000 for hard drives to store the footage, $20,000 for SSDs so multiple editors can edit at the same time

What the fuck. I understand paying this much if you're a movie studio that's going to be using one or two of these cameras for multiple movies that each have budgets in the 7 to 10 figure range. But not fucking Linus Tech Tips. This is over $200,000. For what he paid for all of this he could have launched an entirely new professional, video business complete with its own studio.

I know 4.2 million subscribers and lots of sponsorships can get you a lot of money, but not so much you can drop $200k to record basic-ass tech channel footage that's just going to get compressed by YouTube and watched on cheap monitors and phones.

This has to be some kind of tax scam he's pulling. It just has to be.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.