[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GR vs GRII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3358.jpg (52KB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3358.jpg
52KB, 720x306px
Been eyeing one for a while now, but the GRII goes for around $150-$200 more than the GR where i live, is the price really worth the difference?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width720
Image Height306
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3109653
better get x70.
>>
No. They're operationally identical, same lens, probably the same sensor. You get more raw frames in the buffer and wifi.
>>
>>3109653
Just get the GR.
>>
>>3109653
might want to wait for the GRIII, it should come out in Q3
>>
>>3109654
>Thicker
>Worse ergonomics
>More expensive
>Bayer sensor
Why.
>>
>>3111453
The x-70 has an Xtrans sensor and has better ergonomics than the ricoh. The x-70 has a touchscreen and better AF
>>
>>3111482
You got it? I was thinking of getting it but ended up getting a xe2 + 27mm lens for about 100 euros cheaper.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I care more about portability than taking the absolute best photo all the time.
>>
>>3109654
Chunkier, shittier lens. No.
>>
>>3111482
> The x-70 has an Xtrans sensor
So?
> has better ergonomics than the ricoh.
No.
> The x-70 has a touchscreen
Wanna know how I know you're fat?
> better AF
Maybe. And x70 has a shitty lens. Gr is sharp wide open.
>>
>>3109774
can that be confirmed?
>>
File: xtranssamplingbayersampling.png (450KB, 2304x1052px) Image search: [Google]
xtranssamplingbayersampling.png
450KB, 2304x1052px
>>3111620
I'm not fat lol. I prefer the fuji dials and buttons to the dated ricoh plastic buttons.
>>
>>3111661
There's no real news on it yet.
>>
>>3111620
Who the fuck shoots wide open with either of these cameras? These are for street shooters and you'll probably be shooting at f5.6 or smaller.
>>
>>3111885
>implying a street shooter knows anything about aperture
>>
Just get an rx100/rx1
>>
>>3111482
>tiny grip
>can't use it one-handed
>less pocketable

nawp
>>
>>3111542
Sure, but that 41mm focal length is kick ass. I'm using a 28 (42), and i love it. Plus you can get anything else you want, whenever.
>>
>>3109654
>>3111482

So far as I see it, the choice is between snap zone focus (GR) and good color for nice-looking, not ONLY observational shots (X70). Right now I'm looking hard at the Ricoh for that zone focusing sweetness since it'd be a second camera and observational is what i'd be going for with that, but my main camera is a Fuji and I really don't know if I can give up the color. That one Ricoh function really makes me want it but if I don't drool over the results like I do with the Fuji, if I don't get the same satidfaction out of the taking of pictures, I'm not sure it's worth it. Any opinions about that? the user experience, not just the tech? They're both really great cameras, let's face it.
>>
>>3111899
just buy the ricoh and use VSCO problem solved.
>>
>>3111482
I love my Fuji cameras but the X70 does absolutely not have better ergonomics.
You don't know what you're talking about.

Also the Ricoh's full-press snap focus is one of the most brilliant features in all of modern photography and I don't know why no one else has stolen it yet.
>>
>>3112046
Well if you like diving through menus then enjoy the ricoh. I like how fuji has the aperture ring and shutter speed dial handy.
>inb4 hipster faggot
>>
>>3111899
GR has fantastic color and the rendering of the lens is beautiful. Files need hardly any PP.
>>
>>3112229
>GR
>two dials
>shutter and aperture always available

Seriously, read a little before coming to the pond with weak bait like this.
>>
>>3111620
>not liking touchscreens makes you fat
go the fuck back to applying instagram filters to your snapshits you 16yo fuck
>>
>>3112229
>Well if you like diving through menus then enjoy the ricoh.
Again: you don't know what you're talking about.

>>3112260
>GR has fantastic color
It does. The b&w mode especially is spectacular. About the only pics I don't PP. I much prefer it to any of the b&w film simulation thingies on my Fuji X cameras, which I assume are the same on the X70.
>>
>>3111664
Why the hell would "hitting all colors" in one row/column matter one bit?

I got it when Fuji sensors were more "organic" to avoid aliasing.
But at this point they are just trolling Lightroom users.
>>
>>3111886
You shoot with these with smaller apertures to get larger field of views. Shooting wide open will make it impossible to shoot at a moment's notice since the auto focus sucks dick. You either F5.6-F13 or you'll have trouble getting things in focus.
>>
>>3109653
The price difference isn't worth it, however, I do find the WiFi quite handy when I want to send some pictures through my phone.
>>
OP here, seems GRII aint worth it, though i have seen the x100s flying around for about the same price as GR; thoughts?
>>
>>3113901
It's terrible and huge
>>
>>3113901
The GR, X70 and X100S are all good cameras. The X100 isn't really going to offer much that your main body doesn't do though, it'll just be a bit smaller. I got one to replace my XPro1 and it's basically the same camera, AF shittiness and all, but it fits in a jacket pocket.

If you want a carry everywhere street shooter's camera either the GR or the X70 are great, just a little less versatile. I love the x70 for the screen - it's a treat to use as a waist level finder and can really lead you to shoot different things - but the GR has sharper optics.

I don't know man, you can't go wrong with any of them
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.