[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This board is shit and is filled with BULLIES. >Come in after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMGP1701.jpg (934KB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1701.jpg
934KB, 3000x1987px
This board is shit and is filled with BULLIES.
>Come in after a long day of photography
>Checking through all of my pictures
>Oh nice, I got a bunch of good ones, let's see what /p/ thinks!
>Post picture and ask what you guys think of it
>"it's SHIT, you took a picture of a fucking flower, it's boring"
>That one guy that posts a black & white picture of a lamp post and implies that it's the pinnacle of art
>Sonygger chimes in to shill his shitty cameras despite the thread having nothing to do with that
>Thread dies at 8 posts

This board is a meme.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-50
Camera SoftwareK-50 Ver. 1.02
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:06:21 12:35:16
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4928
Image Height3264
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>>3108580
no shit, you oblivious fuck. 4chan is filled with assholes, which you should have noticed after five minutes on this site. it is only good for recreational shitposting and trolling redditors (i.e., you)

sage
>>
>>3108580
>Expect to be judged harshly. Learn to deal with it
>>
>>3108604
>we encourage hazing
>>
>>3108596
> it is only good for recreational shitposting and trolling redditors (i.e., you)
kys
>>
>>3108580
Learn to crop & start to use a better camera + lens and focus stack if you want to make a worthwhile macro shot of a branch like this.

Also, you're on the wrong page if you don't want critique.
>>
>>3108580
This photo is of a bunch of berries,it's shit, it's fucking boring
>>
>>3108608
nobody knows you're a newfag except you
the rest of us can only guess through your photography :^)
>>
>>3108580
>3000x1987

No, you are the cancer
>>
>>3108580

The thing is OP, everyone here has experienced this. We've been on the receiving end of harsh (perceived as unfair at the time) critique, but managed to learn (at least some) from it.

You have to learn what feedback to take with you, and what to ignore.
>>
>DUDE GRAPES LMAO
neck yourself
>>
>>3108580
>not samefagging your thread to 350 replies
>not posting 50 shit pictures of fucking flowers, or even better the same fucking flower
>not converting most of them to black & white for no fucking reason
>not knowing how to turbomeme the sonygger from whence he came
It's like you're not even trying man
>>
Your picture lacks a definite subject, which you've failed to isolate except by depth of field. This leaves most of the frame somewhat out of focus, which still doesn't look pretty given the background. Don't do macro without a macro lens, please.

Shieet, the berries aren't that interesting either. At least process to greater saturation, like Uncle Ken teaches us to do.
>>
File: pgn.jpg (143KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
pgn.jpg
143KB, 1000x663px
>>3108580
Call me a masochist, but I kind of like to receive feedback from /p/ on my gear decisions.

Oftentimes it's shitty half-joke rambling, but even this tells a story about different perspectives one can have and how to deal with this kind of feedback. Better to get it in controlled environment like this first.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-A1
Camera SoftwareRawTherapee 4.2.1148
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)83 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Width1000
Image Height663
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:06:27 18:09:45
Exposure Time1/240 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness1.1 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeManual
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAperture Prior AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>3108685
>focus on the pillar
Just give up photography
>>
>>3108685
it's not level either
>>
>>3108733
wait shit maybe it is i dunno
>>
File: DSC_6763.jpg (5MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_6763.jpg
5MB, 3872x2592px

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:03:06 17:15:40
Exposure Time1/25 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeLandscape
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3108737
Fucking kys
>>
>>3108797
I fell for the mirrorless meme
>>
>>3108580
>OP takes a photo of a fucking flower and expects to receive feedback
There are plenty of Anons who post here and get good feedback on their photos because the photos are good enough to warrant feedback. The only possible feedback for you is go out and shoot shit which people will actually give a fuck about. Shoot landscapes, shoot people, shoot architecture, shoot models, shoot wildlife, shoot still life - but don't take a boring picture of a flower or some grapes and expect anyone to tell you anything other than it's boring.
>>
>>3108626
>Muh DSL internet is 2 slo fer full res
I hope your family gets taken by the demigorgon
>>
>>3108580
you should get an a6300 for better pictures
cheap
compact size
best lenses on the market
>>
>>3110622
>*fart noises*
>>
That is bs, I have posted pictures here for two years in hope of feedback and I have mostly gotten positive feedback and I have not even posted here my most intimate and best work.
>>
>>3108626
>My dial up can't load a 900kb file
>>
>>3110621
>>3110638
you fucking retards still don't understand
>>
>>3110643
Just admit it, the res cap is horribly outdated but will probably never change because it's just easier to keep the status quo like everywhere else on this site.
>>
>>3108687
No, I won't.
>>
File: 1495281352608.jpg (50KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1495281352608.jpg
50KB, 625x626px
>>3108580
>>
>>3110686
the rest cap is retarded but more retarded are the people who always lash out at others for not sticking to it

then again, on a phone data plan it makes a huge difference that you don't have to waste several megabytes on someone's shitty amateur snapshit if you only have 500 megs a month like I do
>>
Just shoot on film

Your shots can be grainy, out of focus, blurred and over exposed and /p/ will eat that shit up.
>>
>>3111168
>on a phone data plan it makes a huge difference that you don't have to waste several megabytes on someone's shitty amateur snapshit if you only have 500 megs a month like I do
But it you can see a snapshit from the thumbnail, and the file size is right there. There's literally no excuse.
>>
File: 1447988383984.png (452KB, 477x424px) Image search: [Google]
1447988383984.png
452KB, 477x424px
>>3111386
>mfw I've been looking at film cameras because I realized this exact thing and I could be a snapshitter forever but since it's film everyone will think my shit is great
>>
>>3111416
If you're shooting for /p/ you need to reconsider your life
>>
Real talk though, why do you talk like you're straight from DPreview or some other photo dad forum.
>>
>>3108580

Let me put it this way, son. You can't please all of the people all of the time, and all of those people shit post on this board.

I got a D+ in a Photography 101 class once. Then, before that semester was even over, I used the photos I took in that class in my portfolio and landed my first job as a photographer.

The teacher of that class was bitter. Why? Because they were teaching instead of doing? They wanted more out of their lives and didn't quite achieve it? Who knows. Who cares.

Stay in your lane. Constantly push yourself forward. Today I did a photo shoot with someone and they were sitting on this couch. I liked the pattern, so I asked them to put the pillows on the back of the couch against the wall to try to create a flat background. It looked cheap and didn't work, but I wouldn't have known unless I tried. So, try everything. Fail and fail and fail until you get it right.

If /p/ is your sole venue for networking, socializing, and critique, then you need to get off the internet and make some photo friends irl. Go on instagram or flickr or 500px. That is a much more positive community than here.

Quentin Tarantino once said in an interview that when he was starting to make movies he felt like a big fish in a small pond because he was the only one of his friends group doing anything with their lives. Then he got to Hollywood and realized he was a small fish in a huge ocean. It is easy to seem like you're the top dog when everyone around you isn't doing much, so seek out a more talented group of people to associate with, and build each other up.
>>
>>3108604
Such a horrible justification for one's shitty attitude. Actually, it's no justification whatsoever.
>>
If you are serious about being a better photographer (or musician, or dricer, or gymnist...you name it) you will invite the garshest criticism you can get. If you are just in it for a hobby, or pastime, or ego; you are looking to be stroked, and dont really want to improve.
>>
>>3108580
this thread is some nanny nonsense.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.