[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fujifilm GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1484803515000_1283336.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484803515000_1283336.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
51.4MP 43.8 x 32.9mm CMOS Sensor
X-Processor Pro Image Processor
Removable 3.69m-Dot OLED EVF
3.2" 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
117-Point Contrast-Detection AF System
Extended ISO 50-102400, 3 fps Shooting
Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
Multi Aspect Ratio Shooting
Film Simulation Modes...
Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body

So then, has Fuji decided to lead the way in the abandonment of traditional full frame? Are we all headed to medium format when the competition ramps up?
>>
>>3107817
It isn't medium format, it is like medium crop. It is smaller than the hasslblad digital medium format which is smaller than film medium format.
>>
There is no competition when the market is shrinking.
Canikon owns 24x36 dslr territory and smartphones devoured entry level segment.
The only way is up where it's already an overcrowded tiny room.

There will be blood.
>>
It's mainly positioned to kill Pentax MF.

In my opinion, Pentax is feeling the heat right now, they already fired 1000 Pentax employees in north america. And Ricoh is in huge trouble now, they are about to fire more people from the photocopy department.
Meanwhile their MF cameras are clashing with the new Fuji MF and Hasselblad MF.
>>
>>3107817
I wish they'd just ditch the fucking video, I don't want that in a stills camera.

The idea of a camera with a sensor that is larger than full frame is definitely appealing but I still need to be able to toss it into a bag with three zooms, a ts/e and a speedlight.

Achieve that and you will have my attention.
>>
>>3107829
>so cucked you wish for loss of features
>>
>>3107830
Are you so clueless you can only judge quality by counting the bells and whistles?
>>
>>3107836
The quality won't magically increase by removing video features from firmware.
>>
>>3107837
Perhaps not but my happiness levels will and I care more about that than your fucking features
>>
>>3107838
>muh happiness
Do you even realise the only goddamn reason why you are getting the upgraded MF sensor in 2018 is due to Video?

Fujifilm CEO literally just that in an interview. So just be thankful video exists, faggot.
>>
this has been out for months burt, have you been busy with the mop?
Fuji has been the only innovator interested in the end user for the past decade already. It shouldn't come as a surprise.
>>
>>3107820
>it's the m43 of the MF world
>literally 4 m43 welded together
>>
>>3107840
>Fujifilm CEO literally just that in an interview
I don't give a shit what the CEO said as soon as it's out people will be moaning that it doesn't do 4k and development of a serious stills camera will again be hijacked by the prosumer market - fucktards that won't even buy a telephone if it doesn't do 4k.

Either way it's irrelevant because, with or without video, I won't be in the market for it until it meets my other needs, which is not in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>3107848
Why do you believe the upcoming most advanced camera in the world won't be able to do 4K?
>>
>>3107850
I don't know, we'll have to wait and see eh?
>>
>>3107838
>>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT LESS FEATURES THAT ONLY MAKE IT MORE USABLE
>>
>>3107829
Or you could just not use it. A feature being present in product that you won't use let alone even buy isn't doing you any harm
>>
>>3107826
They'll be fine when they release that sub-$10k 100mp medium format they've got brewing. Also there's still a real desire for a pool of photographers who prefer an optical viewfinder as opposed to an electronic one. Also, they have a long list of cheap and decent legacy lenses that work alongside their older 645 film cameras.

Pentax has its pros, which aren't huge for a consumerist market, but the people buying this cameras are picky to begin with, and something as simple as preference will determine a sale.

>>3107817
I'm okay with going crop medium over full frame. The aspect ratio is great! 2:3 is stupid awkward, and you lose notably less resolution when cropping to, say, 4x5 or 6x7. You can't said resolution isn't a strong consideration for people who buy these cameras.

Cropping to 4x5 from the 50mp Canon 5dsr, the resolution turns out to be 40mp, where as cropping to 4x5 from the 645z or GFX 50s turns out to be 48mp. Also easier to envision the crop using 645's somewhat unusual 4.5:6 aspect ratio.
>>
>mfw I literally reprogrammed my video record button on my pen f to do peaking for manual lenses because fuck doing video on my stills camera.
>>
I think next gen medium format sensors may not be cropped..
>>
>>3107817
Nah, fuji are just pissed they gimped their x mount too hard and pushed themselves out of the running for a viable professional system.

Just look at the roadmap, x mount is dead because it's hit its limits.

Their mf offering are equally short-sighted, it's another gimped mount and as soon as sony release their proper mf sensors at a market penetrable price fuji will be in exactly the same position they found themselves in on x mount.

With so much purchasing online now, especially for high cost electronic goods, fuji can't rely on user experience or amazing shop demos, good sales now rely on specs and features that make them competitive at their price point.
>>
>>3108518
Gosh, you do sound like a Sony user
>>
File: DSC_5730.jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5730.jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>3107817
Broke college student here, I went with the nikon j1 cause they are literally $100. after i graduate.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON 1 J1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.5 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:07:01 01:31:45
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length10.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 4in1GFX.jpg (359KB, 1030x774px) Image search: [Google]
4in1GFX.jpg
359KB, 1030x774px
Is it true?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1032
Image Height776
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:03:27 17:27:50
CommentScreenshot
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1030
Image Height774
>>
File: .png (984KB, 1189x668px) Image search: [Google]
.png
984KB, 1189x668px
>piss poor CDAF
>3FPS continuous shooting up to 13 frames
>non-leaf shutter MF
Yeah no. Nobody's leaving FF anytime soon. And since MF is going to be studio shooting most of the time, a Pentax K-1 with pixel shift would be better. Just swap out the flash for high power LEDs
>>
File: .png (748KB, 578x772px) Image search: [Google]
.png
748KB, 578x772px
>>3108741
whoops that image showed jack shit. this is better.
>>
>>3107846
4xm43 would make full frame you mongol
>>
>>3107838

This nigga knows what he wants, and I admire that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.