[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D610 or save for D750

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (18KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 383x383px
Going to buy my first full frame Nikon. I'm just wondering if there's any point in getting the D750 over the D610 if I don't care about AF. I am a bit strapped for cash so value is a concern but I am willing to save for longer if the D750 is worth it. I primarily use my Dslr for videography and will be combining my new camera with an atomos.
Thanks
>>
>>3106589
why are you buying a nikon (any nikon) for video

nikons are shit for video
>>
>>3106594
Well thanks for the standard brand negative response.... I have nice lenses for Nikon already. What is the best camera for video then?
>>
>>3106599
Well anon, obviously the new Sony® A9™ is the only camera that can meet all your video needs. Why don't you stop by your local retailer and buy one?
>>
>>3106599
>best camera for video
GH4/GH5

but if you are happy with Nikon video and have a bunch of Nikon glass, why not stick with them until you feel like you need better
>>
>>3106589
I have a D750 and really like it. I think it's the only FF Nikon that actually lets you change the aperture in live view if you care about that. The D750 has 60fps recording and a tilty screen which occasionally comes in handy but I think they're pretty much identical. Maybe a little more DR with the D750 but I don't think it has a log profile aside from "flat" picture mode so that shouldn't be a deal-breaker. I'd probably just get a D610 and save a few bucks if I were you.
>>
>>3106701
>I think it's the only FF Nikon that actually lets you change the aperture in live view if you care about that.

lol wut
>>
It's a good thing we didn't have a thread dedicated to discuss what kind of gear to buy or anything.
>>
>>3106714

fuck off retard.
>>
>>3106714
you are fighting a losing battle. even with the constant dedicated /gear/ thread, like half of /p/ at least is gear threads
>>
File: Laughing-Villains[1].jpg (28KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Villains[1].jpg
28KB, 500x360px
>not buying a D810
>>
keep this thread alive, i'd like to read some more advice too. i'm thinking about selling my dear, but very old and used d300s and getting either a d610 or d750...

is af so much worse in the d610? and how do they both perform at high iso? anything else that could make a difference? personally, i'm not that much interested in shooting video.
>>
>>3108962
friend of mine just sold his d800 and got a d750. he's happy as hell about it. dude is not a pro but has been hired to shoot a wedding every now and then. says that the d800 is simply way too loud in places where one's supposed to be quiet.

could imagine that that's also true for a d810...
>>
>d600 was released 5 years ago
>d610 is the same with just a shutter fix
>D750 is just a faster d600 with same sensor
>d800 was released 5 years ago
>d810 is just a faster d800 with same sensor
jesus christ Nikon get your shit together already
>>
>>3109047
dis. anyone got any insights?
>>
>>3106599
Gh4 for reportage
A7sii for art/cine/etc

With the way nikons releases, roadmaps and finances are going it's not a bad time to jump ship.
>>
>>3109048
I heard the D750 currently is Nikons loudest FF.
>>
>>3109112
what about the quiet mode?
>>
>>3109122

That's called loud mode. Turn it off if you want to use louder mode.
>>
>>3109128
lol
>>
Nikon has HORRIBLE video capabilities. It's even worse than Canon without MagicLantern. Sony has Mirrorless, Canon has the better lensselection, especiall with the 18-55mm/18-35mm lenses
Get a Canon or Sony. Panasonic only if you don't care about Photos
>>
>>3106589
Sometimes I think these nikon video threads are soft trolling, but i'll bite anyway.

I own a d750 that i use primarily for event shooting and sometimes as a b-cam for video. IMHO Nikon is a poor choice if video is your main work, but the d750 is a good hybrid camera.

Some of the challenges:

-only higher end Nikons allow you to change aperature while shooting, and they do so in noticeable steps. i've heard of hacks with declicking af-d lenses, but your mileage may vary.

-i'm assuming you have a separate sound solution, because using the Nikon ports is a pain and the in body sound is only so-so

-there is no focus peaking, you will need to punch in on the view to get sharp focus. using an atomos will make this easier, but now you've spent so much that you could've bought a dedicated video camera.

-you can manually create custom video profiles to get a flatter curve and upload them to your camera or use things like black promist that will lower contrast and soften the rolloff.

In general it is less than ideal, but if you know your stuff you can make it work. At the same time, if you had a C100 you wouldn't be worrying about any of these issues.
>>
Nikon still has the largest range of native lenses for it's DSLR system considering you can use the ai, ai-s, d and current g line up.
>>
buy a d800, cheap as hell and significantly better than the rest. Otherwise if you're really low, get the D700. Nikon cameras with that D700/D800 body are the ones with the decent builds, the rest are shit, just like the 5D and 1D series of Canon are the decent builds, everything else sucks penis.
>>
wait nvm the D700 doesn't do video
>>
>>3109048

D810 is actually much quieter than the D800/E
>>
>>3109056
>d810 is just a faster d800 with same sensor

But they removed the AA filter on the D810
>>
>>3109832
They removed it on D800E, hence the moire on some pictures.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.