[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film to print

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Film.jpg (26KB, 1280x410px) Image search: [Google]
Film.jpg
26KB, 1280x410px
If I were to go to Walmart and and drop my film off and buy prints, would they or whatever company they send it to, make the prints directly from the film or digitize the film first so they can put it on the CD and then print those digitals?
>>
>>3106033
Digitize, I don't think there's any labs in america that do color wet prints still.
>>
>>3106035
Huh, well that sucks. I'm going to a special place that process and digitizes my film and returns my negatives for only $8 but prints are $3.50 each while Walmart will do them for $0.50 each. So I guess if walmart is just printing digitals, I can just take the CD over and have it printed.
>>
>>3106035
Plenty of labs do c-prints from scanned file though.

Scan > use projector to project file onto photo sensitive paper > use chemicals yo develop paper > sexy prints and not lame inkjet shit.
>>
What the hell is wrong with those prices in the US? Here in germany I can get film developed in a lab for 2.10€ no matter if medium format slide or regular negative 35mm. A print of 10x15cm will be 0.50€ directly from the neg with an enlarger, no scanning whatsoever. If you really wanna cheap out you can get prints of scans for 0.01€ for 8x13cm.
>>
>>3106083
Because america is the most cucked country on the planet. Feed the population the whole 'freedom' thing for generations and you now have a country wrapped around your Capitalist, nanny-state fingers.

At least they have 30 chicken nuggets and a 32oz coke for $6. That'll keep em distracted.
>>
>>3106083
Yeah here in the UK you can get dev for around £3. It's just scanning that's a bitch - any decent lab scan will set you back about a tenth of the price of an actual scanner, and if you want them drum scanned well then you might as well just buy a DSLR. My current scanner just ain't cutting it and I'm torn between temporarily using expensive postal scanning or just forking out and getting a decent scanner.
>>
Beware that some places like Walgreens may not return your negatives after developing. This is only for the cheap places that send it off.
>>
What's wrong with that, though? Pigment prints are really good.
>>
>>3106083
It's like 12€ in France to get 135 developed
>>
>>3106083
Here in the Netherlands too, I just dropped off 2 rolls of MF colour film, both developed and printed on 13x18cm for the grand total of ca 12 euroshekels. I have all the stuff for home colour development, but I just can't be bothered because I can get better results for just €2/roll (development only), with quality guarantee and it's literally cheaper than the chemicals I'd have to use.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.