[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photo Sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: CNV00041.jpg (711KB, 1818x1228px) Image search: [Google]
CNV00041.jpg
711KB, 1818x1228px
Have you guys ever sold your photos physically in a gallery or event?
My friend is organising a charity art sale and she said she'd like to sell some of my photos but not sure how much to charge and what to bring. I've probably got enough wall space to put up 8 to 10 photos but what sort of prices should I charge when I'm paying £1.70 for 12x9 photos and £5 for simple frames? Have any of you got experience in this? Should I be there at all times to try and peddle my shit?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSP-3000
Camera SoftwareFDi V4.5 / FRONTIER355/375-1.8-0E-016
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:03 15:11:53
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1818
Image Height1228
>>
File: CNV00057.jpg (1MB, 1818x1228px) Image search: [Google]
CNV00057.jpg
1MB, 1818x1228px
I also need to find some pics of mine which have broad appeal. The photo sales I've been to had people mainly buying shitty shots of landmarks in my town so I don't want to go too high brow or I won't sell anything.
I mainly shoot street photography so I'm not sure most normies will want to buy photos of strangers... should I go out and shoot all the shitty bridges and building in my town?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSP-3000
Camera SoftwareFDi V4.5 / FRONTIER355/375-1.8-0E-016
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:03 15:12:05
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1818
Image Height1228
>>
If it's for charity, hike it up
>>
>>3105665
base price on production time and costs, if it took you one hour to pick up the frames, add it, if it took you one hour to mount them, add it, etc.

Keep in mind you're a nobody, so prices have to be set accordingly, anything beyond 500 would be too much even for a larger print.

try to sell your most interesting work, remember that you should have model releases for any photo that you sell, in wich you can find a recognizable face. people might want to buy stuff to decorate a place, so focus on that, the decorative value of your stuff.

You can post a large image here as a contact sheet and we can give you a selection and based on that you can do your own.
>>
File: dMbgvNt.jpg (618KB, 1748x1181px) Image search: [Google]
dMbgvNt.jpg
618KB, 1748x1181px
>>3105685
I Was thinking like £30 max with frame and I was going to just have all in 12x9 but I may go bigger thinking about it....
Good point about the model release; I'll bear that in mind.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.