[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ300

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 81ZbBQ0ls0L._SL1500_.jpg (133KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
81ZbBQ0ls0L._SL1500_.jpg
133KB, 1500x1125px
I want to start in photography, is this a good camera to start?
>>
No.
>>
Really? why not? the guy asked for help and your answer is just no...
>>
>>3105528
The "guy"....

OP, it's a glorified point and shoot. Get a d3100 used and you'll be happier.
>>
OP here, it has good reviews, what do you recomend then?
>>
op again, I understand, thanks for your help
>>
>>3105531
something with at least a 4/3 sensor

look up the Panasonic LX100 if you want something simple. use a /gear/ thread if you want an interchangeable lens camera and include your budget and the type of photography you do
>>
>>3105507
Dont get a bridge camera.
Bridge cameras are bulky and heavy like ILCs but can't have their lenses exchanged.
Get a cheap ILC like a used Canon 750D or a Sony a6000 (if you hate your hands and want to punish them) or something like that. You'll get a decent Kitlens with it (something like a 24-180mm) that delivers decent enough results.
After 6-12months you will improve significantly and can thing about sinking more money into it by buying better lenses.

ALTERNATIVE:
Go one tier below and get a Lumix LX100, same sensor, amazing lens, rather small (although not easily pocketable) or a sony RX100 if you want maximum minisize.
Or a GX850 with a Pancake lens, best of both worlds. super small and interchangeable lens
>>
>>3105686
Yeah I own an LX100 and it's quite good.
>>
Dont listen to any of these faggots

get a nikon coolpix p900
it's got a great zoom lens for some serius bokeh photography, and the IQ is better than any m4/3 camera
>>
>>3105721
Don't listen to this faggot. I wouldn't buy anything from Nikon. Their company is going under, their cameras are too big, and because of their mounts they can't make as nice lenses as canon
>>
>>3105722
>The best DSLR maker that almost every professional photographer uses is going under.

Hahahaha ... wait ... you for real?
>>
>>3105721
>it's got a great zoom lens for some serius bokeh photography
lol

you're so full of shit
>>
File: 133871930869730.png (131KB, 422x347px) Image search: [Google]
133871930869730.png
131KB, 422x347px
disregard everybody above. ive been shooting professionally for decades. by now ive seen it all. now, even today youre just not gonna get enough megapixels with anything below 4x5 format. the best 4x5 cameras arent made by Nikon or Canon, but by more obscure companies like Pentax and Panasonic. An entry-level 4x5 with a kit lens and a Sony electronic viewfinder should cost you over nine thousand dollars. You should immediately add an UV filter to the kit lens and repeatedly talk to the vendor, theres a 5% chance every time you talk to him, that he will announce a golden week sale, during which he'll buy your lens for twice as much. Now buy a 18-24 zoom lens. zoom it all the way to 24 and leave it there. at this point you have to memorise the Sunny 16 rule, because you dont have time to look it up during the timed SeeD exam, which you have to take before you can leave the store. if you fail the test, you lose forever the chance to romance Chelsea Northrup. when you go talk to her later, Tony will leave your group and take her with him to photokina, which you can visit during disc 4.
>>
>>3105507
The thing with "bridge" cameras is.
They all are point and shoot but they let you play around with the big boy settings (aperture, iso, shutter speed)
They will have a HUGE zoom lense on it, (the dmc fz200 has a f2.8(continuous i might add) 25-600mm) and they will make better video than their counterparts.
It doesnt have a good sensor, iso will be unusable at 400 or higher.
On aperture priority (a mode) it is super easy to get BOKEH!. So yes, they are super easy to use.
Overall this type of cameras is the long aproach to photo.
I you like the photo stuff you will grow out of it.
Then you will start to notice the shortcomings but it will take time and practice.
And they have shit re sell value.

Buying the cheapest dslr will take you to the frustrating path, how do i do x? why x is happening? what is x supposed to mean?
You will shoot shit for some time and YOU may want to use the full RETARD mode, but why would you? thats the reason you bought a dslr right? cus fuck point and shoot.
BUT if you stick around, learn your shit and practice day in and day out. In some time, years maybe, you will be looking to buying some koality glass, cus you already have the body!
So basically is long and easy vs short and "hard".
>>
>>3108199
oh yea i forgot
>http://cameradecision.com/compare/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ300-vs-Nikon-D3100
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.