[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iPhone DoF Adapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Can somebody please explain how this shit works? I thought DoF relied on aperture and sensor size, so what's going on here? I get that it's soft as shit but the actual physics of it makes no sense to me.
>>
Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkAMXi4HKnA
>>
File: DOF-adapter-beastgrip.png (112KB, 700x439px) Image search: [Google]
DOF-adapter-beastgrip.png
112KB, 700x439px
>>3101576
Here.

Glass is bad, look at how soft the video is.
>>
>>3101574
Well.......what's it called?
Don't assume we know about some random iPhone accessory.

Also don't be surprised if that video is actually shot on a DSLR, not an iPhone.
iCrap makers do that sort of stuff all the time.
>>
>>3101574
The image from the Canon lens gets projected on a piece of mat glass (or "focusing screen").
The phone then films that mat glass from the other side.

This is essentially the same as filming through an optical viewfinder.

As >>3101583 noted the image is soft.
But that's probably not because of poor lens design/quality, but because you're filming a fucking piece of mat glass.
>>
>>3101626
that's ghetto as fuck
>>
>>3101583
>>3101626
Aaahhh, thanks guys. That's actually kinda clever, shame about the softness. I guess it will only get better with time though.
>>
>>3101626
*matte
>>
>>3101735
>That's actually kinda clever

No it isn't.

It's something people have been nigger-rigging since forever.
The only "clever" part is having the balls to actually charge people for it.
>>
>>3101781
Care to give examples?
>>
Didn't people used to do this with a TLR and cardboard boxes?
>>
>>3101583
>how soft
Isn't that kinda the point though? It is meant to be rough footage.
>>
If you want bokewhoring portraits, it's cheaper to just buy a 35mm film camera, which comes with the added bonus of "sick tones" and "filmic look".

If you're a "videographer" who can afford the latest iPhone but you're "too poor" to invest in entry level video equipment, I can see how this 300 dollar setup might seem very attractive. "cinematic" 35mm DoF on the (relatively) cheap. This big phonecase ``rig'' with an external mic and big full frame lens is gonna make your look so fucking professional in front of your friends without having to spend big bucks. Of course, the quality you get is what you pay for, but most people can't even tell the difference, once they see that blurred blackground they will automatically think "PROFESSIONAL" no matter how soft the footage is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.