[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody know what is causing this lines on the lower part of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (89KB, 1411x941px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89KB, 1411x941px
Anybody know what is causing this lines on the lower part of this image? this was taken with my old original canon 5d. need help with this badly. Thanks!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographertamadako
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (63KB, 1411x941px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
63KB, 1411x941px
here's more sample. need help A.S.A.P. Thanks!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographertamadako
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
I don't see any lines and holy fuck underexposed much?
>>
>>3101519
>>3101520

Huh, strange.

I wonder if this is what "banding" is?
>>
>>3101521
under exposed on purpose to see the lines.
>>
>>3101526
yes it is noise banding. thank you. but anybody here knows what's causing it. and how to avoid or fix this??
>>
>>3101546
>5Dinosaur
>hai guyze why is my old canon acting like an old canon?

buy a better camera.
>>
>>3101552

Golly, was someone rude to you today, or what Mr. Grumpy pants?

No need to be a negative Nancy here on the ol' internet. Turn that frown upside down and march on soldier :^)
>>
>>3101552
thanks! but original 5D is still a better camera. have been using this for years for events but 3 weeks ago it started giving this "banding noise". But yeah, thanks tho.
>>
>>3101699

I used a 5D mk ii for work, and I noticed the corporate portraits I took before the weekend had some banding in one of our staffs sweaters in the darker portions of the image.

I was shooting RAW, but somehow, probably one of the other photographers, set it to sRAW. A little research and I found that that is the culprit.

Shoot in just RAW, and it should resolve the issue. It is a problem that Canon acknowledges in the 5D MK ii cameras.

>>3101552

>why is my camera malfunctioning?
>buy a better camera

How is the fifth grade working out for you?
>>
>>3102874
i see. thank you. probably gonna do some more test shots in RAW. then after that in JPEG just to see what happens. Thanks!
>>
>>3101521
you are dumb
>>
5D is notorious for this but not in this style, it bands when you punch the ISO up high and then try to bring up shadows and they turn into a banded bowl of Fruit Loops
>>
>>3102998
honestly i haven't noticed any banding before even if crank it up to 3200. but yeah from my test shots i'm starting to think that the sensor is about to fail. that's what's causing it. thanks guys.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.