[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best process for skin retouching many photos fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (454KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
454KB, 660x439px
Is there a tool where I can just select the area of the photo and soften all colours that are in the range of human skin? I want to be able to quickly soften skin on, say, 100 images. When I use Lightroom's skin softening brush, it takes minimum a couple minutes per face, per photo, and if it's a complicated one can take up to 10-15 minutes.

What is a better way to do this with either Lightroom or Photoshop? A youtube tutorial would be very much appreciated.
>>
>>3099921
automatic skin 'softening' always looks like ass
take your time to dodge and burn
100 pictures are roughly 50 hours if you want to do it right, that's just the way it is. that's why 100 pictures is not an amount you want to hand over for any kind of shoot that involves edited skin
>>
You can use layers in photoshop.
>>
Portraiture plugin for Photoshop.

>>3099922
>automatic skin 'softening' always looks like ass

Sure if you're a retard who don't use layers and eraser.
>>
>>3100433
if you want that plastic look from OP's picture then sure portraiture, blurring the low freq layer and whatnot is the way to go
while everything serious is handmade dodge and burn
>>
>>3100433
Do you mean the one by Imagenomic?
>>
>>3099921
As someone else pointed out the only (and I mean only) good way of doing this is with Imagenomic Portraiture. The trick is to turn down the final opacity down to taste, or else it'll look a little too much.

Another program that has went from kind of a joke in the retouching arena to becoming quite capable in some areas is PortraitPro. Check that out, too. Both do batch.
>>
File: tttt (8).jpg (417KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
tttt (8).jpg
417KB, 1000x666px
>Never heard of frequency separation.

MFW

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerloooooooooool
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>3100433
>using the eraser tool instead of masks
>>
>>3100528
>wasting 2 minutes on mask when you only need 30 secs to erase the eyes, lip and hair area
>>
I have PS but not good with it. LR I am pretty good with. I edit RAW files. Is it better for me to get Portraiture for PS or LR?
>>
>>3100593
It takes no extra time to paint with black on a mask than it does to use an eraser on a pixel layer.
>>
>>3100670
why not both, just torrent it faggot

I usually use PS instead of LR tho. You should have more control with PS because of layers and other functionalities
>>
>>3100498
Spank you kindly. I fucking hate retouching portraits. And if it means that I'll never make it as a portrait photographer, then so be it. That shit is mind-numbingly tedious.
>>
>>3101571
>shit takes 30s to do
>tedious

Nah you're just too retarded or biased against it for no reason, probably both
>>
>>3101701
>30s
you're not retouching then
>>
>>3101701
I'm not him but if you think a 30s retouch isn't going to look like fucking shit no matter what (unless the resolution of the end photo is going to be small) you clearly haven't developed any sensible taste yet for retouching
>>
help me invisible son
>>
I tried both LR and PS versions of portraiture and it's much better for PS because you can change opacity and erase/mask.

My question is, how should my workflow look? Once I've edited all my RAWs in Lightroom, export to JPG and then batch process them with portraiture in PS? And finally, do some light retouching and save file in PS?

Is there a better way, if I want to preserve quality and not have gigantic file sizes?
>>
>>3102334
Tif
Fuck editing jpgs
>>
>>3102334
For once, the problem is not just that you're working with Adobeshit, there are pretty much no workflows that will remain in RAW.

But use lossless tiff and have a computer and storage that aren't shit. Works even for 42 or 50MP images.
>>
File: pattistangernew.jpg (121KB, 664x885px) Image search: [Google]
pattistangernew.jpg
121KB, 664x885px
>>3099921

I know this photo is of a human woman, but why does it look like a sex doll or something.

thats some cra cray photoshop

Here is the article:
https://archive.fo/aawAB

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePhase One
Camera ModelP45+
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017-06-27T20:30:30-04:00
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Light SourceOther
Focal Length120.00 mm
Image Width664
Image Height885
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3099921
i know this stuff isnt you guys personal taste and that customers ask for this look but nevertheless i just need to say that unnatural skin retouching looks like ass and basically transforms elegant pictures into teenage girl fantasies
>>
>>3103926
I swear every month I get some Ukraininan retoucher emailing me through Model Mayhem advertising their services
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.