[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intentional overexposed background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: overexposed bk.jpg (310KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
overexposed bk.jpg
310KB, 683x1024px
Has the thought occurred to you guys that people are looking at the subject, and not a some telephone pole outside the window in the background?

Everyone always talks about muh overexposed background, but I think it can be a good effect for drawing more attention to the subject of the photo.
>>
>>3099873
It's both a crutch and an overused effect, when done in moderation it's fine - when someone's portfolio is just overblown backgrounds it just means they don't know how to separate a subject.

Unless you're a jap gravure professional photog I don't want to see it.
>>
I don't think deliberate artistic use is anybody complains about. At least not anyone who isn't dumb.

People point it out when it's the result of carelessness and lack of understanding what the camera is doing.

And yes you can usually tell the difference.
>>
>>3099878
> Has the thought occurred to you guys that people are looking at the subject
Of course not. Thanks for telling us!

> I think it can be a good effect for drawing more attention to the subject of the photo
It is usually more distracting than shallow DOF bokeh, or the actual "distracting" background you had before you overexposed it.

Of course it can be used. But it is rarely a good, never mind the best option.
>>
>>3099903
Why do you want to look at a gutter in the background of a shot when there is a cool animal or interesting human in the foreground? What am I missing here?
>>
>>3099919
Use shallow DoF. Pick a different angle. Use a flash to highlight your subject. Reduce the brightness of distractions in post.

Or just leave the gutter in the image. It really is not like it should be the most interesting thing in your image in most cases.

> What am I missing here?
A gutter or such is generally better than random weirdly toned "smears" from overexposure.
>>
>overexposing your background
>not underexposing your background
>the year 6767 (Assyrian calendar)
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>3099928
I don't use flash, I'm a natural light purist.
>>
The worst and most prominent over exposed images have part of it whited out, but the other part is not. The whole outdoor shoot with a blownout sky is a prime example. Just blowing it out to eliminate things also does not work, as in your image I can still see remnants of the background.
>>
Is no one going to talk about how delicious her feet look? I've been looking at this thread for the last couple of days and i've been waiting for someone to say something about it
>>
>>3101235
no, since one is only a stub
poor girl
>>
>>3101236
I think she has a good amount of fat on her, nice smooth skin, still supple, her feet are quite charming, not too skinny, not too many wrinkles, would be a delight to rub
>>
>>3100184
Came here to post this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.