[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lolpro getting out of the industry here. Ask me anything. [EXIF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0004.jpg (26KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0004.jpg
26KB, 357x412px
lolpro getting out of the industry here. Ask me anything.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width357
Image Height412
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
will you livestream your suicide, please?
>>
>>3099784

I think you misread, Im LEAVING the industry, no reason to commit suicide anymore. But thanks for the question.
>>
>>3099783
Why are you leaving?

It's the lack of money, isn't it.
>>
>>3099792

No, depending on your niche, photography can be extremely profitable, I have cleared 6 figures for the last few years.

If you look at it realistically from a business standpoint and choose the right niche it can be highly profitable, weddings are a good example but not the only one.

I ran my business like any modern day tradesman. I am mainly leaving (cashing out) due to the hours involved in running a successful business and the fact that I can make just as much doing something else that I dont have to take home (and/or work until 3am).

I might also mention that doing your hobby as a business kills your passion for it, ask any wedding photographer, if they still love it then they have not been in it long enough.
>>
>>3099799
So were you a wedding photographer? What will you do now?
>>
>>3099805

I photographed properties for real estate agents.

A quick idea of the cash you can make doing this (I'll use average pricing for my area though I charged even more).

Anywhere from 1-5 properties a day (usually 2-4). $200 for a daylight shoot and about $400 for a twilight shoot (one twilight shoot per day also 2-4 per week).

You do the math.

>protip: It can be a fuckload of money. I spent longer at each house and focused ONLY on photography and I charged a premium for it and I was still booked out all year. If you don't want to be higher end you can charge less and offer additional services like floor plans (an extra $200) or drone shots etc.

Before positioning myself at the higher end of the market I offered floor plans and did them on more than 50% of the houses I worked on (though it can be less depending on the agents you work with frequently).

Aerial can be in excess of $400 for a few images though pricing varies wildly between photographers/businesses. You could also offer video that brings in more money but is substantially more time consuming.

My goal was to minimise time (remember you need to spend time on the computer for whatever you do at each property) but I maximised profit by being at the higher end of the market.

The best thing about real estate? You know who your clients are, all their information is readily available, they require your services and you can market to them directly and aggressively.

It's nothing short of a fucking gold mine.

>what will you do now?

I'm going to do a trade.

>why the fuck would you do that?

Because I don't have to take it home with me. It's fine doing all that stuff but remember the hours upon hours in post, or making floor plans, editing video, backing shit up, MATKETING, taking calls, writing emails, creating marketing materials, going door to door. It's never ending.
>>
So glad my photo related job isn't as stressful - for the most part.
>>
>>3099799
>>3099837
nice LARP
>>
>>3101901
>somebody is more successful than me
>they must be lying
>>
>>3101903
>succesful people just LOVE to come to 4chan and waste their time talking to losers like me!
>>
>>3101912
Plenty of people are successful who are coming to 4chan. There is a vocal minority on welfare niggerbucks who only complain about people having an actual job.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.