[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sony leica.png (309KB, 596x293px) Image search: [Google]
sony leica.png
309KB, 596x293px
Aren't the Leica sensors made by Sony?

I know for a fact that the Leica T's sensor is ripped straight out of an NEX-6 and that the new Leica SL's sensor is from the last gen Sony A7. And, if you look at the bodies, it's pretty obvious without even looking into the technical specs.

My question is though, are the rangefinder sensors made by sony too?

As a side note, do you think the MF sensor in that hasselblad mirrorless was made by sony and we'll end up with a mirrorless Sony A6x6 soon?
>>
>>3098905
>are the rangefinder sensors made by sony too
they're their own developments afaik
>do you think the MF sensor in that hasselblad mirrorless was made by sony
it's the same sensor in the pentax 645z and the fuji mf thingy, no idea who made it though
since it's been around some time I guess it's either not sony or they're not interested in that tiny niche market, very likely both
>>
No it's probably Toshiba or something since Leica digishits have shit sensors
>>
>>3098908

Leica is associated with Panasonic not Toshiba
>>
>>3099047
And panny only makes industrial cam sensors you dumbass
>>
>>3098905

The hasselbad MF and the Fuji MF both use Sony sensors.

Note, that neither of them are actual 6x6 sensors.

Sony is investing a ton into their FF bodies right now. I don't see them making a MF body for years if ever.
>>
>>3098908
digital Leicas use Sony sensors with Panasonic electronics (and Panasonics use Sony sensors as well)
>>
Almost everything these days has Sony sensors in it, with the exception of Canon. Even my Nikon Df, the Holy Grail of lens adaptation on FF digital, has a Sony sensor on it. We had a thread about this a couple weeks ago. Cliff notes.

>Canon has the ability and equipment to make their own sensors
>Nikon had the opportunity in the 90s, passed on it
>Sony dumped a gillion dollars into equipment, sensor R&D and making wafers
>They own the sensor market now
>>
>>3099252

When the Df gets a refresh with the a7rii sensor, I am totally buying one for my old man.

He has ab old film Nikon and a bunch of lenses he never really uses anymore because film is such a pain.
>>
>>3099062
Where'd this meme come from? The M series has used sensors produced by Kodak and CMOSIS/STM. The MAESTRO processors they use are based on the Fujitsu Milbeaut, which are used in some other cameras.

The Q sensor seems to have been designed by TowerJazz, a company with 49% Panasonic ownership.

The maker of the SL sensor doesn't seem to be public knowledge. If you claim that it's a Sony sensor, then I'm gonna need to see a source.
>>
>>3099272
The fact that the Leica T used the NEX 5/6 sensor and looks like a rebodied and banded NEX-5 combined with the fact that the Leica SL looks like a rebodied and branded a7 and that the megapixel count on the sensor is the same as the a7.

Oh and just look at an a7 and a Leica SL without the lens. It literally just looks like Leica flipped the sensor upside down to put the same pins in a different place.
>>
>>3099256
42 megpickel files are even more of a pain to work with though.
>>
>>3099252
Except you're wrong; df, just like d4 has a nikon designed sensor that is produced by renesas. The 24MPx chip in 7(1/2)00, d5200 etc is made by toshiba.
>>
>>3099272
>>3099828
Oh, and here's proof that the Leica T has the NEX6 sensor

https://fstoppers.com/originals/leica-t-revisited-youve-come-long-way-baby-129277

>Under the hood you've got an Sony-designed APS-C sized CMOS sensor with 16.3 million pixels.
Hmm... I wonder what sony designed camera has 16.3 Megapickles.

>Well it can't be the NEX-6. That only has 16.1 Megapickles
I hear your cry. I can't find it right now, but there was an article I read near when the Leica T came out that explained that the Sony sensor on the NEX line was actually 16.3 but marketed as 16.1 because they over sampled to increase image quality.
>>
>>3099863
Not that guy, but:
1. Wouldn't be the first time that fstoppers got something wrong
2. Oversampling 16.3 to 16.1 makes no god damn sense whatsoever, and
3. Who gives a flying fuck
>>
>>3099863
Well, a product manager at Leica confirmed that the Leica T sensor is made by Sony. So no amateur detective work is necessary.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/leica-t-why-its-not-a-full-frame-camera-interview-with-stefan-daniel-5894

The lenses for that one are outsourced to Japan, but they won't say to who (not Panasonic).
>>
>Aren't the Leica sensors made by Sony?
early on Leica found the Sony sensors unsuitable and worked with Kodak for the M series. They likely continue to use Kodak which is now now Onsemi.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.