[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Nikon make any decent looking DSLRs? I own the F90x/N90x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6732.jpg (166KB, 1200x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6732.jpg
166KB, 1200x967px
Does Nikon make any decent looking DSLRs?

I own the F90x/N90x and I think it looks quite nice.
I'd rather stick to Nikon for digital because of my lenses but honestly most Nikon cameras I've seen look horrible.

Any options?
The DF looks better but no video is honestly stupid as shit and I won't pay that much for a digital camera which arbitrarily cut out video

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height967
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3098136
I have a nikon f3 which is one of the prettiest cameras they have made in my opinion, got it mint condition at the register when it made a mistake. Instead of paying $500 I payed around $160. Keep in mind this was early 2000s and I was a kid.
>>
File: f3hp.jpg (15KB, 274x197px) Image search: [Google]
f3hp.jpg
15KB, 274x197px
>>3098193
>pic related
almost forgot to post pic. not a model, but definitely prettier than a lot of cameras of the time.
>>
>>3098136
>Does Nikon make any decent looking DSLRs?
Better than canon's.

How much you wanna spend? D7200 is the best bang for buck. Do you have non-ai lenses?
>>
File: nikonfm2.jpg (64KB, 782x539px) Image search: [Google]
nikonfm2.jpg
64KB, 782x539px
>>3098194
It's a good one. I personally have an Fm2. It's become the baseline for what cameras should look like to me.
>>
>>3098198
Fm2 is beautiful. I heard that during the 80s there were a lot of good-looking cameras because a lot of designers got into the business of making stylish cameras.
>>
>>3098201
Yeah. The F3 was actually designed by an italian car designer. Could be why it looks so sporty (I always thought the red line gave it a Ferrari feel).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgetto_Giugiaro
>>
>>3098136
No, because Nikon makes tools not fashion accessories.
>>
>>3098193
I mean DSLR, not SLR
I agree, some of their SLRs are gorgeous
>>
>>3098136
Well the Df was made for a niche market, so video was not even a thought. I don't think the bodies look all that bad, all I care about is that they do what they are supposed to do, and that is capture images.
>>
>>3098275
But that sensor has video capabilities which were present in other cameras with the same sensor

So they purposely left jt out

It's a dumb gimmick
>>
>>3098136
F100 and the digital Dx00 bodies based on it look great.

F with the non-metered prism looks great, as does the FM2.
>>
>>3098344
What are the digital bodies based on the f100?

I don't really find anything that similar
>>
File: nikon-d4-cx.jpg (214KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
nikon-d4-cx.jpg
214KB, 660x500px
>>3098342
Video on the D4 is utter shit though.

Something about the scaling (which is done on-sensor), it's alright in CX mode because in that mode it doesn't have to scale. - but then you get a 2.7X crop factor which isn't acceptable either.
>>
>>3098358
DXX he already said it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.