/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Landscape Talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: jjjj.jpg (1MB, 1236x800px) Image search: [Google]
jjjj.jpg
1MB, 1236x800px
How do you guys make the most out of your area when it doesn't offer much in terms of traditionally dynamic landscape to shoot?

I've hiked around every park within 3 hours of home and none of them have that reliable 'pop' you look for in landscape photography. No towering mountains, humbling forests, gushing waterfalls in sight.

My favorite photos have come from vacations to actually interesting states. The only interesting parts of tx are far enough away from central that reaching them might as well be a vacation.

I want to make interesting landscape shots but feel restricted by the area. What can I do compositionally to make the most of what I've got?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2010:08:02 20:33:18
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance3.72 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length17.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: Christianson_Pipeline-1024x819.jpg (241KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Christianson_Pipeline-1024x819.jpg
241KB, 1024x819px
Towering mountains, humbling forests, gushing waterfalls are easy-mode anon. Stop wishing for easy-mode and start trying you represent your state for what it is. Landscape photography shouldn't be easy-mode. I think time of day and weather trump landscape features when it comes to landscape photography.

You live in Texas, you get AMAZING thunderstorms. The light of a sunset just after a thunderstorm has passed is the most beautiful light in the world. Take advantage of that. Go out before sunrise and after sunset and capture the earth's shadow as it slowly rises above the horizon. Wait for days with nice clouds or strong winds. Look for trees that cast shadows seductively across the ground. Wait for birds to be flying through the frame or for deer to come out into the fields. Adding a few smaller, less exciting moments to each other within a frame can create an image just as exciting as a glacier lake.

Glacier lakes and all that shit are so played out right now anyway. I'd be way more interested in checking out a set of well-shot central TX landscape photos than a set of well-shot photos from Lake Louis or Yellowstone.

You also have many industries in your state that you could shoot as landscape photos. Oil and agriculture could be hugely interesting and just as beautiful as any waterfall photo if you shoot it right and with passion. The attached picture is part of a N. Dakota photographer's winning submission to a photo contest that just ended that saw 4,700 entries. They're proposal is telling the story of the pipelines and industry that has boomed in their state in the past few decades and it's affect on the land and towns. That shit is way more interesting than a one-liner photo of a waterfall.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
PhotographerSarah Christianson
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3900
Image Height3120
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:06:11 12:09:13
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height960
>>
>>3097855
Wow, i appreciate the incredible response anon, this is just what i needed.

Its hard to remember the difference in circumstance can be beneficial when every landscape photographer and their mother seems to constantly show off the national park in their backyard.

Guess I'll look for new spots to wait around for those texas conditions- everything feels flat without interesting weather.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.