[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about creating a collective / group of people to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: pee.png (268KB, 439x245px) Image search: [Google]
pee.png
268KB, 439x245px
How do you go about creating a collective / group of people to contribute to zine(s) / books? I'm wanting to do a regular thing with contributions from a few different people on varying themes, probably accompanied with some relevant descriptions and writings, but it doesn't really work with only a couple people.
>>
>>3097627
You pay them money. It's called a job.
>>
>>3097628
Doesn't really answer the question, unless you mean just craiglist ads asking people for photos
>>
>>3097627
you make calls on facebook. its super easy. people love to send their shit.

>>3097628
what a retard.
>>
>>3097646
This tbqh, although it doesn't just have to be people you discover on facebook. All artists are attention whores by nature, so if you reach out to people whose work you like sooner or later you will have enough favourable responses/potential participants to run your zine project.
>>
>>3097628
>t. Has never had his photos in a zone before
As if someone would pay you for your shitty photos anon
>>
File: ohlawd.jpg (10KB, 278x239px) Image search: [Google]
ohlawd.jpg
10KB, 278x239px
We should make /p/ zine.
>>
>>3097702
Good idea, I'll make the logo
You organise the rest
>>
>>3097702
o w o
>>
>>3097702
/p/ used to have a zine online years ago. we also used to have monthly challenges also. /p/ can't even make a book once a year.
>>
>>3097787
wasn't that zine mostly a themeless, open submission display of photos that people posted in the zine thread every month or so? I really liked how simple and clean the presentation and formatting was, but I think it would be more interesting to see theme-based content and possibly written commentary or critique included as well.
>>
>>3097627
Once you have a solid foundation such as format, a rough draft of content, and an overall theme there shouldn't be an issue trying to get amateurs to submit their work. Social media is really the only way to recruit considering how useless /p/ is lately.
>>
>>3097787
>>3097788

Should make it a thing. There's enough decent photographers, and even enough shittier photographers with interesting enough content to do it.
>>
>>3097702
you guys are all shit though.
>>
>>3098200
you're one of us, asshat
>>
>>3098203
no I'm actually decent
>>
>>3098208
if you're not aware you're shit, you're worse than most people here.
>>
/P/ Z I N E
Z
I
N
E
>>
>>3098210
check out my shitty Cuba pictures in the recent photo thread. they are shit but less shit than most lmao.
>>
Making a /pzine? why not? Im not nearly as good in taking photos myself, but im an editor in a small webzine, i could help with the organising, design and stuff
>>
>pzine

would have been a good idea couple years ago when the board had photos worth shit. nowadays its trash.
>>
>>3098349
perhaps if everyone put effort in their pictures, shot with a purpose and stopped arguing wich name looks the best on a camera, we could accomplish something
>>
>>3097702
there was a guy collecting pictures towards the end of last year saying he would release a zine in spring

guess that went the same direction as the /p/ book Natureguy wanted to bring out
>>
>>3098352
totally. but it wont happen again, so whatever eh.
>>
>>3098355
We cant know for sure if we dont try. If there was a compelling offer, people wouldnt say no. There should be a couple of different themes, something interesting but easy enough to do, an group of editors, and a possibility to fund and make actual prints. Just takes dedication and some time
>>
>>3098354
Did he come back at one point and give an update about the status of the book ?
>>
>>3098362
there was a p zine before. it was cool. but that was in a time where the board wasnt super toxic as it is right now, its an effort that will go waste because of the usual shit. i think its not a bad idea, but its a bad time to implement it. lots of potential good contributors (lurking oldfags) wont even chime in because they know how this will end.
>>
>>3098368
who cares.
>>
graphic designer 9-5 here, I'd be happy to set some shit up. Sounds like we need someone to organize
>>
>>3098371
Despite the afformentioned toxicity of the board, and somewhat mediocre rpt threads, i think we should at least try. As ive said, not a great photographer but would like to organise a zine
>>
>>3098374
we could do with a platform that isn't anon board that gets RIP or archived and we lose people or the whole idea. I'd take suggestions
>>
>>3098375
Another platform sounds great, but no idea what to take.
>>
>>3098377
Discord has been used by /p/ but nothing has ever come of it
>>
>>3098381
Two options, find the old group and contact the admins, second, make a new one
>>
>>3098391
Let's make a new one ?
>>
>>3098381
>discord

The discord chat and its immature, meme-regurgitating ilk are literally at the epicenter of the board's present toxic state. I am against setting up a platform that encourages cliques, hierarchies, and any other sort of roleplaying behaviour, lest the zine effort degenerate into squabbling and bitterness like other /p/ projects in the past.
>>
>>3098432
no, you're racked with personal guilt
>>
https://discord.gg/BxUHWEX
this one is going to be different. I hope
>>
The problem with a /p/ zine is defining its mandate. Is it going to be an open, non-curated project that aims to be representative of the board in general? Or will it be thematically organized and curated accordingly? And if so, by whom? What standards for quality should there be? What criteria for judging contributions/contributors? etc. and then: how will all this be decided? by whom will it be decided? What sort of accountability will there be?

Historically, these projects often fail because they are founded on vague and uncertain premises, with unqualified and/or insufficient leadership, not to mention poor communication.
>>
>>3098432
hey moop

why are you so butthurt nobody but isi bullies you in the discord
>>
>>3098447
I aim more for the themes and according curation, but it would be great if some more people would join the discussion, and well, present their ideas (hence the discord server). Its, in my oppinion, possible to get some creative minds togeather and make a plan on how to run this thing. If there is structure, people would be more eager to submit their work.
>>
>>3098435
>>3098450
Thanks for proving my point. Also, I'm not moop, in fact I've barely participated in the discord at all, for the reason I stated in my earlier post.

>>3098453
There is no reason to use a discord server instead of just making a thread for it. A thread is more accessible and easier to see/consider for everyone. It also gives people a chance to type out proper ideas and have more thoughtful conversations. And it *can* be archived, idk what the other anon was talking about.
>>
>>3098456
>Thanks for proving my point. Also, I'm not moop, in fact I've barely participated in the discord at all, for the reason I stated in my earlier post.
>I am against setting up a platform that encourages cliques, hierarchies, and any other sort of roleplaying behaviour

You clearly haven't desu. If there's an open invite to it and there's zero admins/mods how exactly does it have cliques or hierarchies. It's literally just sometimes a faster /p/. The only reason I figured you were moop is because literally the only person that gets butthurt is moop
>>
I dont see a problem with having an thread and a discord (or any other thing) at the same time. Discord is faster, but a thread is more accessible. They both have their advantages and i hope we could use both for maximum efficiency
>>
>>3098458
My point was that the current crop of discord kiddies are shitting up /p/ with their memes and drama. And it has always been the case on that most of /p/s shit flinging and toxicity is stirred up by the people who get emotionally over-involved in the chats and cliques that tend to form outside of it, whether they are on facebook, irc, or discord.
>>
>>3098458
>zero admins/mods

There's always the person who created it
>>
>>3098460
>My point was that the current crop of discord kiddies are shitting up /p/ with their memes and drama

Aside from isi and moop no. And that was going on long before discord or IRC
>>
>>3098462
>And that was going on long before discord or IRC

Yes, I know that, did you even bother reading the second sentence of my post? It's precisely for that reason--that external, off-site chats or platforms have always been the breeding ground for internal strife that then pollutes the main board--that I am against setting up a similar off-site platform. It's better to keep the zine open and accountable in a thread on /p/.
>>
>>3098466
It literally started out on this board. Also for someone who seems to be so against shit flinging and toxicity you sure seem to enjoy shit flinging and toxicity

>the breeding ground for internal strife that then pollutes the main board

Yeah you clearly don't have any personal problems with someone. Who hurt you?
>>
>>3098461
of course, if that person isnt a dick, it wont be a problem
>>
>>3098468
Once again you prove my point. Because of your own off-site experiences, you believe that the only reason an anon like myself could disapprove of things like discord is because of a "personal problem with someone", and you accordingly project those antagonistic emotions onto me, thereby furthering the cycle of abuse and recrimination. Yet in reality, I merely have observed the endless shitposts and thread derails (ironically, just like this exchange here) that occur because someone has beef with someone else from an off-site chat room and they imagine in their head that that other person is their interlocutor on /p/. My opinion is further based on my reasoning that the chat room structure of discord etc. is less conducive to having thoughtful, complex discussions than something like a form, because of how fast the chat moves, the smaller character limit, and the lack of thread-based organization as well as the chaos of multiple people potentially talking at once.
>>
>>3098475
Yet you didn't address any of these problems before about discord being worse. You specifically said here

>My point was that the current crop of discord kiddies are shitting up /p/ with their memes and drama

So once again, who hurt you? Because they really did a number
>>
>>3098475
In short, I simply think that using a thread on /p/ to begin planning and organizing a zine will yield better results than using a chat room. This belief is based on A) my historical experience as a poster on /p/ and occasional lurker in facebook chats, irc and discord, where I have observed the aforementioned toxic behaviours spread between areas and lower the general quality of discussion. and B) my reasoning that a forum is structurally better suited to the planning process than a chat room.

That's it. There's no need to bring ad hominems into it or to get all defensive. I get that I've probably indirectly insulted you (assuming you are someone who frequents discord), but please don't take it personally.
>>
>>3098478
I stopped using the discord ages ago but I know someone that's full of shit when I see them. I've never seen anyone that supposedly lurked but ended up with such a sour experience that they condemn all separate chats as a whole because of their experiences to the point where you blame this bogeyman that doesn't even exist

>That's it. There's no need to bring ad hominems into it or to get all defensive

Not even adhoms I'm genuinely curious as to what experience you had that made you genuinely made you this salty
>>
>>3098479
You need to take a step back and contextualize my statement. Right now it's like you're stuck in a loop and can only repeat the same faulty line or reasoning without actually reading what I'm saying. What I am saying is that collective /p/-based project (zine) + discord or chat-room structure platform = bad. My comments about chats must be construed as evidence to support my main claim (that a thread is preferable to a discord for the initial planning or discussion of a /p/ zine).
>>
>>3098482
Oh I don't even care about the zine a little bit and the only reason why I'm posting in this thread is because I've never seen anyone more butt-hurt about the discord, IRC, facebook, pretty much any non-/p/ /p/ group

Are you just such a die-hard 4channer that the offsite scots aren't scottish enough for you?
>>
>>3098484
>Oh I don't even care about the zine a little bit

I think you're the one who is butthurt, friend.
>>
>>3098485
Hey I didn't come in the thread with the intentions of setting it straight about how it should be only for the true /p/ users no cliquey crews allowed

To be honest I was hoping iggy or ng would show up about the book

But now I'm interested in you
>>
>>3098484
Look, I'll admit it, I remember being pretty salty back in the day when I discovered that people in a certain FB chat were talking shit about photos I had posted on /p/, but that doesn't invalidate my assertions.
>>
>>3098489
Did you ever go on there to rebut?
>>
has the collective zine already failed lmao?! /p/ is such a mess
>>
>>3098737
for fuck's sake
>>
>>3098478
Thank you for saying this, the entire 'you must be someone who i don't like from a different platform' is a plague on this board.
>>
>>3099444
Dubs confirms isi
>>
lmao @ the project already trashed. told you so, board is in a sorry a$$ state unsuited for any project.

theres only one way this could fly: that a single person does all the formatting, curation, everything. he can cut 99% of whats sent if he wants. that person is me, of course. i would have done that yesteryear, almost did but didnt have too much time at the moment. now i could, but /p/ is shit now.
>>
>>3099462
The project isn't already trashed, it is still being hypothetically bandied about. Something can't fail before it has even begun. PEOPLE can fail to begin a project, but a project cannot fail to begin itself.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.