[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: cel_cgx_925_edgehd_12056_1[1].jpg (1MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
cel_cgx_925_edgehd_12056_1[1].jpg
1MB, 3456x5184px
I use FF DSLRs, APS-C DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras and I would like to be able to mount my cameras to the outside of a Telescope for long exposures (wide views of the Milky Way or tighter shots of Nebula). I'd also like to be able to mount the cameras directly to the back of the optics tube of the telescope for planets, comets, moon etc.

I'm thinking that a Celestron 9.25" HD on a CGEM mount would be portable enough but suitable.

Is this a sensible choice? And would there be a downside to longer, single exposures instead of brief multiple exposures that are stacked?
>>
>And would there be a downside to longer, single exposures instead of brief multiple exposures that are stacked?

Make your exposures as Iong as your tracking gear aIIows. You can capture much fainter objects this way.
>>
>>3095714
Haha!
>should be portable enough
Better off Getting an Orion Sirius ED80 EQ-G Computerized GoTo Refractor Telescope
that is more portable and doesn't require colimation like your shitty 9.25" Cassegrain
>>
>>3095888
kindly fuck off, please
>>
Hello my fellow astrotards

tldr do cassegrain need modding to achieve DSLR backfocus?

I own a dobsonian newtonian for visual viewing but I decided to attach my DSLR to it. Turns out it can't achieve backfocus properly so I had to mod the telecope's mirror a few inches up in the tube assembly. It works now and I'm happy with that and all but I was looking at something like OP pic for the DSLR. Do cassegrain telescopes require any modding to achieve DSLR backfocus or will it more or less work out the box?
>>
>>3095895
>colimation

Was his suggestion a bad one? He's right about not needing to spend time on colimation with a Refractor.
>>
>>3095714

>portable enough

The mount alone weighs a metric fuck ton.
>>
>>3095714
i was curious if this thing is worth buying or not http://www.ebay.com/itm/29215250428
what do you guys think?
>>
>>3096379
The Staradventurer is relatively light and can drive 5kg gear. It needs a stable sturdy tripod though, but so fat it is the most portable mount for a small refractor or a super telephoto lens.
>>
>>3097041
Wtf I've wanted one of them for a couple years now I don't get paid for 2 weeks fukkk you!
Ohh me feels bad man that's a good price the other stuff is okay the imager is like what $280 used?
>>
File: SWESPRIT80_1-8.jpg (80KB, 670x435px) Image search: [Google]
SWESPRIT80_1-8.jpg
80KB, 670x435px
>>3095888
>Better off Getting an Orion Sirius ED80 EQ-G Computerized GoTo Refractor Telescope
>that is more portable and doesn't require colimation like your shitty 9.25" Cassegrain

So one of these pissy little things can do a better job, costs less but requires a corrector to flatten the field for photography?
>>
>>3098272
Those small refractors are 400-450mm focal lengths, perfect for most DSLR DSO astrophotography. You will need a good newtonian reflector to go for smaller and dimmer DSOs and sharper images, but for starters they are great for sure.
>>
File: IMG_7026L.jpg (248KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7026L.jpg
248KB, 2000x1333px
>>3098278
>Those small refractors are 400-450mm focal lengths, perfect for most DSLR DSO astrophotography.

What about this? It's around 1800mm equiv at f/11. Surely this can be tracked on a sturdy EQ mount?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width2000
Image Height1333
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:06:20 19:04:32
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length85.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2000
Image Height1333
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: SWESPRIT150_1-8.jpg (15KB, 670x435px) Image search: [Google]
SWESPRIT150_1-8.jpg
15KB, 670x435px
The alternative is a SkyWatcher Esprit 150mm Super Apo OTA Telescope with 1050mm @ f/7 - and that son of a bitch sells for $6K+ without a tripod.
>>
>>3098613
Too blurry. Camera lens are not optimized for infinity focus and can only be used without TCs with sharp images. You put a TC on that and the galaxy that was sharp though small before becomes a blurry blob.
Also long focal lengths with refractors become heavy and worse resolution the higher you go, especially CA. Reflectors don't have this problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.