[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crash course in digital photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: eggleston2.jpg (186KB, 1600x1101px)
eggleston2.jpg
186KB, 1600x1101px
Okay guys, I fucked up, and I'm asking for your help

here's what happened basically
>poor college student desperate for a job
>mass-applying for jobs as well as internships
>finally get called in for a interview for a small photo studio I barely even remember applying for, probably was weeks ago
>find a job description on their website, says you need proficiency in digital photography and image editing software
and the problem: you're gonna call me a faggot probably but I've only ever done film photography because its all that's interested me. I've been doing it for years and been exhibited at local art galleries yet I've never touched a digital camera other than the one on my cell phone.
but I really need the money from this.

so basically: how hard is it to transition from film to digital? can I teach myself what I need to know within a few days? or a few weeks, if I manage to stall / make up experience? I'm guessing they want experience with photoshop or something, they didn't really specify which software I would be using.

thanks in advance for any help.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1600
Image Height1101
>>
The fact that you think any of the minor differences will be a problem for you, or that you even need to ask how to adapt means that you are retarded.
STFU and just use the damn camera, dickhead.
>>
>>3095523
yeah I don't know shit about modern commercial photography, that doesn't mean I'm retarded dickhead.
I just want to know what technical skills they're going to expect of me and how I can quickly learn enough to pass the interview and keep the position
>>
>>3095526
He's right though. If you know anything about ISO, aperture (f stops), and shutter speed then it's the same shit.

Add white balance to the mix and what file sizes a digital camera can save too- jpegs or raw. You can't be such a fucking dumbass that you're unaware of SD cards or CF cards.

If you've ever used a computer before them you can edit using a computer by not being a complete dumbass. You are retarded, just watch like 30 minutes of intro to digital photography shit on YouTube.
>>
>>3095547
so is this your stupid faggot asshole way of saying "there's hardly any differences, you'll be fine"
?
>>
The biggest thing to learn will be Lightroom and Photoshop. I'm super jealous of the job btw, good luck anon.
>>
>>3095517
You won't be able to rely on the look provided by a film stock. You'll have to learn to process photos to give them a look you like. In a photo studio job, that may be less important.

You need to learn how to make corrections, retouch, and dodge and burn digitally. Lightroom is quick to learn. Photoshop is more powerful but can involve a lifetime of learning.

Digital camera make it easier to fuck around and make sure you got the shot, so if you're already used to getting the shot with film, everything you've learned will still apply and you'll be fine. Digital makes it easier to blow the highlights, though.

Really, this is more about learning some new software than anything else.
>>
You are welcome: https://sites.google.com/site/marclevoylectures/home
>>
>>3095622
>>3095646
>>3095650
thanks mates, interview is in 5 days so I'll have good time to look over this stuff and possibly download a free trial of photoshop to play around in
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.