[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Blackmagic fags around here? This is a close call, so bear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Any Blackmagic fags around here?

This is a close call, so bear with me. Tomorrow i am filming my graduation film with a Blackmagic cinema camera 4k (a friend lended it to me, it was a compromise - my DOP had to leave and i'll substitute). I don't know my way around cameras that much (I'm only accustomed to my Canon 650D) and I understand blackmagic is a special kind of one.

First: how much does it take to charge it completely? 1 hour? 2? I need to know this because i will be starting shooting from 11 am (9 hrs from now) to 9 pm. No extra batteries around. I can see Blackmagic discharges quite fast, so I will have to take it to a friends' place nearby to charge it 2 or 3 times. This is wasted camera time & daylight. How long do i have to keep it charging each time?

And second, please tell me any tips regarding BMCC. Is 5600 K good for outside shooting? Should i up the ISO up to 800 as the sun sets? ( I can see BMCC has low light sensitivity. Does the shutter angle have to correlate in any kind of ratio to the FPS? Should leave Zebra on? What does it do? What level?

The other scenes were shot using a Sony A6300 a few days ago, on 50 FPS. The scenes are outdoors. So i will be shooting in 25 fps with the BMCC.

I must add, I am not aiming for good and correct visual production quality that matches perfectly with standars, either. I'm shooting some sort of a meta-mockumentary. Visual errors help me and I've used a few myself, intentionally (like having a character talk to the camera with a window behind him). It's very likely that I won't even be colorising it / asking someone to colorize it for me.

I just want some shots that will look normal. No overexposure, no jerky footage, no strong tint of red or anyting. Can you please help?
>>
Blackmagic is a meme here on /p/

>inb4 fpbp

Thank you you're too kind
>>
>>3092320
didn't know that. my first time here on this board. i just need some easy advice, if available.
>>
>>3092319
>Is 5600 K good for outside shooting? Should i up the ISO up to 800 as the sun sets?
cant you just shoot raw video on this camera if you really don't know the answers to these questions at the time?
>>
>>3092319
just get a c200 like sane people.
>>
just 24 fps and 180 degree shutter, wb can be corrected in post, an as far as power goes they have a 12v input, so if you have a wall charger you can plug it in for constant power
>>
>>3092361
thanks, but I said I will be filming in 25 FPS. the other recordings with the Sony are shot in 25 FPS, and I, too, will be shooting in FPS. So a good shutter angle for 25 FPS would be more useful.
>>
>>3092319
Blackmagic cameras have terrible battery life. Really do try to get a few others or an alternate external power source of some kind. A full charge on a battery lasts about less than 1 hour. I have never timed how long exactly it takes to fully charge but i'd say about 2 hours.

5600 K is a good ballpark value for outdoors.

The general "rule" for FPS/Shutter Speed is 1/X shutter speed where X is double the frame rate. For example 1/48 shutter if you plan to shoot at 24 fps. This is a 180 degree shutter angle. For 25 fps you use 178.8.

Shoot at ISO 400. It has been said many times that using ISO ratings other than the native ISO, 400 for the Blackmagic Production Camera, can decrease your latitude. But if you must, then pump it up to 800.

Blackmagic cameras are not at all the ideal choice if you're going to completely ignore color correction/grading. I have no idea why you'd even consider it knowing that. Then again washed out and flat looking videos seem to be quite popular with the kids nowadays.

Shoot for highlights. Get a gimbal or rig of some kind. Color correct in post.
>>
>>3092570
> This is a 180 degree shutter angle. For 25 fps you use 178.8.
are you retarded? 180 is always double you moron.
>>
>>3092319
>graduation film
btw what are you graduating in? botanics?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.