[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arsenal AI Assistant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

What does /p/ think of this thing? Just a gimmick or something you'd actually use?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2092430307/arsenal-the-intelligent-camera-assistant-0/description

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width680
Image Height378
>>
>>3088623
Landscapefags ruin everything
>>
looks interesting
>>
>>3088649
what's being ruined? just don't buy it if you don't want one
>>
>>3088623
So you are paying 150$ dollars for something that sets your aperture smaller to get more things in focus and sets shutter speed slower to make water smooth? If you don't know how to do any of that and it's worth 150$ to you then it might be worth it. Even then you could just google "how to get everything in focus in a photo?" or "how to make water smooth in a photo?" and get the same information.

The photo stacking and timelapse is great if your camera doesn't have that feature but again you can always look that information up and it can be done with free software.

It's not useless but for photographers that have money to spend but no skills this would be great. Now that I think about this thing will sell millions.

Good job at marketing friend. For better results on /p/ make a controversial statement like "poorfags can't afford AI to take good photos" for maximum replies.
>>
>>3088677

i can see it being bundled with soccer mom DSLRs
>>
>>3088677
do any dslrs auto focus stack? I know it's a niche application and all but it's not a useless one. that said this looks like obvious vaporware, the biggest hint is their promise of machine learning algorithms trained on landscape photos to aid with composition
>>
So this thing is basically what Nikon's Wireless Mobile Utility should be? Don't know if Canon has a non-sucky version that does more than act like a shitty second monitor/remote, but this definitely has potential.

Thing is, I'm not sure if they know what that potential is. I would pay [any amount of money] for something that let's me send pre-saved settings from my phone to the cam in a split second, without being a drag and a battery vampire.

AI that does stuff for you is totally shit though.
>>
>>3088771
If your Canon camera is supported by Magic Lantern, you can install it and get both auto-bracketing and calculated focus stacking, otherwise these are things that generally aren't available in most cameras.
>>
>>3088623
Why would you pay $200 for automating basic concepts you can learn about and apply in like an hour or two (if that)? Picking the right settings really doesn't take that long.

Anyone who knows enough about photography to take a good landscape picture knows how to adjust their settings, so I don't see who exactly this is for other than amateurs who refuse to learn about the exposure triangle and think this thing will somehow magically make their pics super awesome (which it won't).
>>
>Putting this on a D810
>Buying a top of the line FF DSLR to use a smartphone app toy that does everything for you

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3088623
This is different from Flucard how? It gives me control and wireless tethering with live view and I can set exposure just right without a computer telling me what settings to use.
>>
Marketed as "AI", so it's a matter of faith. Should work well in a market dominated by intangibles (aka bullshit).
>>
>>3089216
It's a kickstarter "idea". Did you expect anything useful?
>>
I'd assume you need live view on all the time for a dslr for it to "see" your scene. This would only be practical for landscape shooting and doesn't really help that much. Windy day and want sharp shots? Faster shutter. No shit. Does this thing tone your shots and spit out jpegs?
>>
Arsenal: we take the fun out of photography
>>
Most DSLR's can already be controlled with a phone over USB, or by using a WiFi module.
And there are plenty apps with advanced features.

So what's the point apart from retarded buzzwords like machine learning?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.