[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rolleiflex 6006

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: rollei.jpg (159KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
rollei.jpg
159KB, 736x736px
I just got one of these to replace my SLX.

It arrived in the mail and I popped the battery in only to have the mirror slap up and get stuck. Literally the first time I used the camera.

My guess is that this is not a catastrophic failure because the seller tested the item and because the aperture and leaf shutters in the lens still seem to operate fine.

Does anyone have experience with the 6006/SLX? The battery seems to work in my SLX just fine but now I'm thinking that maybe the SLX needs less charge to operate than the 6006. I'm charging the battery right now to try that.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2013:01:23 18:39:53
>>
>>3087546
>buys a system that's become extinct thanks to its awful proprietary batteries
>makes a baww thread when this entirely foreseeable and avoidable problem bites him in the ass
Eat shit, retard.
>>
why not getting a comfy and ultra reliable rolleiflex TLR? why make yourself suffer like this?
>>
>>3087550
Haha, Jesus, man. Calm down. I just want to know if anyone else has used the thing and seen this issue before.

I'm sorry if you've had a bad day or something but try not to take it out on me.
>>
>>3087554
I'm not a fan of TLRs honestly and would miss the interchangeable lenses.

I haven't ever tried the Mamiya TLRs with interchangeable lenses though. I've always considered trying them though. I imagine I would like it better than a normal one.
>>
>>3087556
>I've always considered trying them though.
no reason not to get one, theyre dirt cheap.

just saw a 6006 with planar at 500 euro on ebay. never knew they were that cheap, was expecting something like 900 euro and up.
>>
>>3087559
I own an SLX, SLX II and now this 6006. Between those three I have 2 80mm Planars and a 150mm Planar.

For all of those, I paid a total of $750 USD over three different transactions with this 6006 costing me $300. Plus the quality is amazing. I used a Pentax 6x7 before I bought the first of these and I don't think I'm going back (as long as I can get this 6006 working).
>>
>>3087550
>I have nothing to offer the world but this lone shitpost
>>
Okay, I figured it out.

The fuse in the battery cannot be less than 1.25A 250V or the fuse burns out halfway through taking a picture and the mirror locks up.

It's working great now. Hopefully no more problems.
>>
>>3087562
wow they have finally dropped in price

>the fuse burns out halfway through taking a picture and the mirror locks up.
that was what I was about to suggest checking.
on a side not the cells in the Nicad batteries can easily be replaced if the battery is draining to fast (you should get about 4 rolls on a charge). I don't know about the 6006 but the SLX doesn't like NiMh or lithium cells
>>
>>3087546
Why didn't you buy a hasselblad elx? they're way cheaper than the 500cm and are the same thing but electric. Also, they have actual Planars made by Zeiss®
>>
>>3087550
>>3087554
>>3087719
>people shit talking the 2nd best 6x6 SLR/TLR System
>people shit talking the best MF system after Fuji and Zenzanon
kys tbqh

Glad you figured out the problem OP, looking forward to seeing you post some rolls from it.
>>
>>3087546
My mate got this bulky fucking thing and sure it takes pictures, but christ is it heavy, cumbersome and just tedious to use. Also the shutter sound might get you arrested for acts of terrorism.
>>
>>3087751
I was using my SLX outside of a government building near a stand with a guard. As soon as I took a picture and he heard the shutter he jumped up, look of fear in his eyes, and asked what I was doing.

I told him, "Taking pictures."

He said, "What kind of pictures? Let me see them."

"It's a film camera. I have to develop them."

"We'll take pictures over there." He points to the other side of the street.

It was actually pretty hilarious.
>>
What are the best rolleiflex models worth getting? Seems to be a lot of experts in here
>>
>>3087842
TLRwise? Any rolleiflex is fine if you have the money for it, the 2.8 is way more expensive than the 3.5.
>>
>>3087746
>best MF system after Fuji and Zenzanon
You spelled Hasselblad and Mamiya wrong.
>>
>>3088087
>spelled

also, pretty sure this is a humblebrag thread.
>>
>>3087746
>Zenzanon
The name of the company is Bronica.
>>
3.5f is fine. Buy a Lunasix 3 or a good spotmeter. The meter on the camera is crap. Complete overhaul of these mechanical beauties is about £200 but they rarely need it. BUdget - a Rolleicord Vb with a Schneider lens. Hard to rell the differnece between theses two cameras.
>>
>>3087550
>its awful proprietary batteries
Unless you're shooting an insanely high volume of photos, it's a non-issue.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.