[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0606.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0606.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
How friendly is this board? I was hoping for someone could give me advice on how to get started. My camera is somewhat basic compared to the ones I'm sure many of you have I just wanted a few tips and some good ideas to get started. I'm usually more prone to take pictures of scenery than of people.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot SX160 IS
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Lens Size5.00 - 80.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.00
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2013:12:15 16:34:23
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length5.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4608
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessNormal
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeFull Auto
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeSingle
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
Subject Distance1.610 m
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed192
Image Number106-0606
>>
Look up and learn some basic composition techniques and go out and take some photos using them. Look up other photos of what you're into and try to imitate it and also study it and ask yourself why you like the photos.
>>
>>3087119
>How friendly is this board?
Very unfriendly. That's why it's almost dead.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (341KB, 1136x608px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
341KB, 1136x608px
>>3087119

You didnt need all of it.
>>
File: bronnen invitation.png (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bronnen invitation.png
79KB, 800x600px
>>3087128
friendly boards are just as dead too

the internet is dying
>>
>>3087119
First off, learn to read, you fucking rude,ignorant cunt.

Then read a fucking book, we're not here to spoon feed the equivalent of a braindead thalidomide vegetable man.
>>
>>3087119
Read the sticky http://pseudosticky.wikia.com

I mostly lurk but Im gonna tell you right now: posting here is not for beginners.

Ideally, you come here to get a fresh set of eyes, and for harsh criticism to light a fire under your ass if youre stuck in a rut

Unfortunately, everyone and their dog can post criticism, so you also need some common sense to weed out the trolls or people who have no idea what theyre talking about (hence you should come here when youre experienced) although the regulars do a good job of calling them out.

Basically, (like we've heard a million times before) you cant trust anyone on the internet.

Also dont ask questions that

-you havent already tried to answer yourself
-you can find on the internet from reputable people
-are beginner related

/p/ generally doesnt like to waste their time repeating themselves 1000 times. Just post your pics in /rpt/ and ask for advice there.

You could always try reddit photography if youre BRAND new to photo. Then come here to hear old shits argue about photo trends and gear and get your creative vision stomped on and called out as superficial.

Good luck
>>
Just do a search for exposure, composition with photography leading those words.
Shot kind of reminds me of nortern Az.
>>
File: 1401997490927.jpg (738KB, 5000x4760px) Image search: [Google]
1401997490927.jpg
738KB, 5000x4760px
>>3087139
>your invited
>your
>>
>>3087119
is this south of Flagstaff AZ?
>>
I wouldn't come here to ask for any advice, majority of the people here don't know what they're talking about and cannot discern the difference between creative decisions & technical short comings. A good way to start is getting to know your camera intimately, begin by taking pictures around your house in different time of day (for example)
>>
I wouldn't come her for advice, but this place is nice if you want to post your photos for honest criticism and get ideas for photos.

There's a billion other sites to help you out like >>3087406 this anon mentioned.
>>
>>3087119
Hi OP.

I've been coming here for 7+ years now. I don't think I've really learned anything on /p/ that improved my photography. Critiques are 95% unhelpful here. It's more like a binary YES/NO, which I guess helps you notice bias toward your work on occasion.

I really come here to watch people dump on one another and occasionally post pictures I took as a joke to watch anon's slobber over them because I did everything according to their standards.
>>
>>3087776
>honest criticism

OP, realize that this doesn't necessitate good criticism. People will be honest with their opinions of your work according to their own assessment (or glance over,) but you will rarely find criticism that is of any substance beyond the beginner stage, and even that is info best found elsewhere.
>>
>>3087783
Post one of those photos then faggot
>>
>>3087268
>you fucking rude,ignorant cunt.
Based on a cursory examination/comparison of OP's post and your response, I'd have to say that OP is neither rude nor ignorant, whereas you, anon, have clearly indicated that you are both. In spades.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.