[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6D Mark II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

How will Canons competition compete against such innovations?
>>
by offering better products but worse gestalt and still getting blown the fuck out in sales volume and professional use.
>>
>>3085497
I remember when photographers thought articulating LCD was such an amateur feature that didn't belong on professional-tier cameras
>>
>>3085497
It's impressing how the body is EXACTLY the same as the mark1, except for this abortion of articulated screen.
Fuck, I'm unhyped about it. Gotta give my mony on sony instead.
>>
>>3085497
About time.

>>3085506
They were just jelly they didn't get it on their full frame bodies.

I used this on the 70d and the gh4 and it is a radically better way to get shit done. These awkward tilt screens everybody else is doing need to go. You can even slide a little velcro sunhood over these articulating screens.
>>
>>3085508
who hurt you
>>
>>3085506
Like every new feature of the last 15 years
>>
>>3085512
Canon, for selling more stupid apsc body, and not updating their film-era primes like the 50 and 85mm. Hell, they could do a 135mm f2.8 IS USM, but that would predate on their sale of the f2 L.
>>
I can't believe they opted for this bullshit over giving it a better AF.
>>
File: Nikon-D7500-tilt-screen-34589.jpg (135KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon-D7500-tilt-screen-34589.jpg
135KB, 1200x800px
k
>>
>>3085497
>How will Canons competition compete against such innovations?
By doing it well before them

*cough* Pentacks K-1
>>
>>3085532
Doesn't fully articulate my dude
>>
>>3085536
This. articulating =/= flip-up.
The latter is much more robust.
>>
>>3085532

I have a D500 after having a D5300 and prefer the screen like this. The flip out type is more of a pain to use, you lose buttons and is a lot easier to snap off.

Irony is that unless you are blogging you'll never need to flip it right out anyway.
>>
Call me back when it also includes:

>built-in image stabilization
>ability to go into APS-C mode
>c-log picture profile
>10-bit
>>
>>3085528
>film era primes
It's kinda disgusting how old some of their primes are.

>>3085529
No body even knows anything about the af yet, but you still choose to bitch about it?
>>
>>3085641
Well that is probably due to the fact Canon has needed to improve af for years.
The new screen is blech to me. More pure gimmickry.
>>
>>3085637
~10 years?

Canon has to introduce a fucking 1.74 crop on shooting the softest 4k in MJPEG on a $3500 pro fooll frame camera. I can't fathom how long it'd take to be incorporated into the budget fool frame model
>>
>>3085528
Kinda agree. They really need to update the 300 f4. I'd also like to see a 200-500 similar to Nikon's. Oh, and an affordable super telephoto prime, even if it is rather slow.
>>
Improvements the 6d needs in order to be taken seriously as an upgrade would be 4k and 1080/60fps and proper video autofocus and tracking.
Duel SD card slots even.
The 6d is a great stills camera but needs to stay up to date with the video modes offered to compete with the rest
>>
>>3085633
>Irony is that unless you are blogging you'll never need to flip it right out anyway.

I've film in crammed places where I had to place the camera against walls. Mostly for interviews in small rooms. But also having the tilting screen up does help when shooting low to the ground or from above
>>
Would you still have any serious complaints if they essentially released a full frame 80D with 2 card slots?
>>
>>3085693

You can only have it above your head as far as you can reach or see the screen though.
>>
>>3085707
Do you have a point?
>>
>>3085497
wait.... isn't the 6D a cropsensor?
I know ONE of the single-digits is crop-sensor
>>3085506
Yeah, but the Sony and Panny and Olly started cramming in as many features as possible in each line rather than ripping people off as much as possible with each line.
>>
>>3085708

My point is that it doesnt need to flip right out, tilting will do the same job at your furthest reach.
>>
>>3085716
>wait.... isn't the 6D a cropsensor?
Nope, it's ff.
>I know ONE of the single-digits is crop-sensor
Not for a very long time since the 1D series was 1.3x.
>>
>>3085716
7d is crop
6d is cheaper ff
>>
>>3085724
Shit, nm, I always forget about the 7D..
>>
>>3085725
So does Canon, it seems
>>
Articulating is better for video
Tilt is better for just photog
>>
>>3085786
Chews the shit out of the battery but it can be useful for tricky angles whether still or video
>>
>>3085793

If the angle was that tricky and you're filming then i'd probably call the police hahaha
>>
>>3085800
Using a shoulder rig can be difficult without a properly aligned screen.
with a screen that flips out to the left you can position the camera more to the right, out of your way, and more focussed on your right hand.
If you're a lefty, you get to eat shit and deal with it
>>
>>3085695
depends on how much it was
>>
>>3085497

People actually use this?
>>
>>3085511
>They were just jelly they didn't get it on their full frame bodies.

No, the problem with those screens is that in order to accommodate them you have to remove buttons from the back of the camera. And most professionals (and even enthusiasts) are far more concerned with the shots they're missing by taking too long to fiddle with settings, vs. being a little inconvenienced by the fact that you can't pull the screen out. That's why the D750, Sony A9 etc. have flip out screens, not fully articulating ones. They are generally more durable and don't remove buttons from the camera.
>>
File: red-epic-kit.jpg (17KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
red-epic-kit.jpg
17KB, 800x533px
Just film with the proper equipment instead
>>
>>3085824
I use it mostly for when the camera is low to the ground or in the air so i can still frame it easily
>>
File: .jpg (38KB, 560x348px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
38KB, 560x348px
>>3085824
The 6DM2 will likely have DP-PDAF and better video so the answer is probably yes. Vloggers love those screens. I personally prefer the A99 style articulating screen but sadly nobody uses that style.
>>
>>3085497
thank christ. i use these bodies for work
>>
>>3085497
I prefer cameras without an articulating screen. I believe it's an unnecessary, amateur feature.
>>
>>3085939

That's because you're a pleb who shoots everything from eye level.
>>
>>3085502
"Gestalt" - in this case - means "relying on customers accepting inferior products because they are comfortable and fearful of change"
>>
>>3085835
This camera is perfect for filming "Spinner Unboxing Mega LED Spinner Tricks 2017" YouTube spam.
>>
>>3085942

Or a more comprehensive lens system, best-in-class professional services, and a camera that just feels right and not a series of compromises like so many other camera bodies.

You're awfully enlightened for a former Canon fag Bart.
>>
>>3085939
>angling is amateur
guess how we know you're a talentless amateur who takes lifeless snapshits for 50 bots on imgur to pretend to thumbs up while no one would pay money for your trash.
>>
>>3085949
I'm not shooting the Olympics or Bald Eagles in flight. If I was - then Canon.

For everything else, I'm really, really happy to be away. Why? Operating the camera is more intuitive for me. I can't live without an EVF anymore. I hit more shots now. I like the files a whole lot more. I'm using the lenses I really want to use. When my camera body broke, Sony just gave me one to use for like 3 months. And I'm a nobody.

Really, aside from an absolute shit flash system for Sony - all of my compromises were from the Canon days.
>>
File: 1494002645021.jpg (38KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
1494002645021.jpg
38KB, 590x578px
>>3085941
>implying people could only ever shoot eye level before the invention of meme screens

>>3085950
hmm this seems oddly specific, surely you wouldn't be projecting now, would you?
>>
>>3085857

Hoping that shows up on a7 mark 3 bodies.
>>
no we don't need another 4K/60fps DSLR fags
we need a new sensor with an improved low light snr
>>
>>3086024

So....an a7siii?
>>
File: pentax-k1-full-frame-11.jpg (88KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
pentax-k1-full-frame-11.jpg
88KB, 700x456px
Is this supposed to be a new thing?
And why did they use the Rebel-tier weak single articulating point method? There are better and more sturdy solutions on the market.

Also fuck vloggers, you don't buy a FF DSKR for your Youtube shit, you do it with a Gopro or a G7XII or equivalent. Canon is constantly doing the wrong turns.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width700
Image Height456
>>
>>3086039
>DSKR
typo, meant DSLR
>>
>>3086041
>typo, meant DSLR
you're kiddin, would have never guessed
>>
>>3086039
Pentax is utter shit for video either ways. And that's closer to a tilt screen than an articulating one.
>>
>>3086232
>And that's closer to a tilt screen than an articulating one.
Do yourself a favour and google the definition of articulating
>>
>>3086253
Hey friendo, within context of cameras we usually describe the screens as fully articulating and tilting. Tilting implying limited articulation
>>
Bitch all you want /p/ but Canon will still be #1 this year.

>but muh in-o-va-shuns!

The A9 overheats, the A7 series has shit battery life and shit sealing, and Sony still has no lenses.
>>
>>3085528
Just get the 100mm f/2.8 IS you fucking nigger
>>
>>3085633
It's good to have when shooting over your head.
>>
>>3085641
>It's kinda disgusting how old some of their primes are.

Do they not work well enough for you?
>>
>>3085671
>I'd also like to see a 200-500 similar to Nikon'

Buy the 100-400mm
>>
>>3089714
>>3089717
I thought Canon has a similar one with a built-in TC.
>>
>>3086632
the people I know irl that shoot Sony all use canon lenses
idk if that's Sonys master plan or part of the troll that there's no lenses
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.