[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the best ILC from any system, that you wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: birdistheword.jpg (402KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
birdistheword.jpg
402KB, 1000x663px
What would be the best ILC from any system, that you wouldn't be afraid to whip out and walk around the unknown city?

I'd like to upgrade to get better tech, but to something I will not be afraid to use in travels to more and hopefully less civilized places. Bonus points for toughness.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-A1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)83 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4944
Image Height3280
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:05:24 18:56:57
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness2.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height663
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Probably an older Olympus/Panny with a 14mm and whatever normal/tele you prefer. Those bodies and lenses are cheap enough that you can afford to carry a spare and not worry about what happens when the one that's on you get jacked. Also won't attract a lot of attention.
>>
>he doesnt know
Somebody post the Pentax comic
>>
>>3082231
a Panasonic, GX7 or GX85, or the G85 if you need something splash and dust proof (or maybe even a GH4, which has come down in price a good deal since the GH5 was released)

Pannys are great cameras and don't have the same name brand cachet w/r/t cameras as Canon, Nikon, Olympus, or Sony, so slightly less a theft risk, too
>>
File: DSCF5218.jpg (63KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5218.jpg
63KB, 1000x667px
>>3082266
GX85 looks nice, I dig DSLR body style, my X-A1 feels like it will slip from my hand any time.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-A1
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera X-A1 Ver1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodUnknown
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:05:08 21:28:51
White Point Chromaticity0
Exposure Time16667/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Subject Distance0.00 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationUnknown
Image Width1000
Image Height667
Exposure Index0
>>
>>3082276
>bought the Fuji NEX
You need to make better decisions.
>>
>>3082231
Nikon D5, Sony A9, Canon 5DS, Phase One IQ3 100MP - something like that. Yes, it's just the most powerful cameras in general.

In the few places where people are desperate enough to serially rob people, it's not because they're carrying cameras. It's because they're foreigners...
>>
>>3082277
At that time I bought it was the best I could get within my budget, or so I thought. I was blown away by the quality, as technologically it was lightyears ahead from my old P&S. Present me would probably look harder for used bodies and pick DSLR, in this price range mirrorless can't compete.

Now I have some more money and would like to buy something nice. Since I won't have this chance anytime soon, I'd like it to stay relevant for at least two generations. Future me would probably do something else, but now it seems like a good decision.
>>
>>3082279
PS: I don't care if you prefer to bring a vintage budget APS-C because you like it that way.

But don't pretend you're "not attracting attention" or are "safer" with cheaper gear.

Actually don't even go when you feel uncomfortable with risking a typical consumer camera. If you go to less civilized places,you're risking your ass to an equal or bigger degree (even if it may still not be much in an absolute sense).

And travel expenses and your time spent will also be more than a fairly good camera. Might as well take gear that you think that makes whatever you do "worth it".
>>
>>3082287
>Since I won't have this chance anytime soon, I'd like it to stay relevant for at least two generations.
You can decide that it's relevant to you for thirty generations.

But if we look at the situation today: Two generations older is a lot worse than current, you absolutely have reasons to upgrade.
My guess is that it'll again be that way in two generations from now.

The thing that might still be somewhat competitive in two generations of camera bodies is current high-end glass.

Buy for this trip and 1-2 years from now. Forget about being really competitive much further into the future. You can't really ensure that you buy anything good enough.
>>
>>3082279
>>3082288
Oh, you were being serious!

Yes, people do get mugged for camera gear, depending on country, city, neighborhood, time of day. If a Phase One isn't expendable for you, don't bring it to a sketchy location. Or hire a bodyguard.
>>
>>3082231
>walk around the unknown city
which city
>>
>>3082474
detroit
>>
>>3082231
Sony a7, to the uninitiated it looks much cheaper than a rabble from 10 feet away.
>>
>>3082474
Just unknown in general. Like, you go to Milan or Zagreb and you are for the first time in the city or even country.
>>
>>3082669
a7 would probably be within my price range, maybe even used a7II if I'll get lucky. Last week I came across this Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 lens and I'm thinking about getting Nikon or Canon APS-C just because of this glass. But again, the more I read, the more options. The more options, the more I whine.
>>
Camera:
Either Olympus OM-D10 or Lumix GF800/GX850
Lenses: panny 20mm 1.7 and Olympus 45mm 1.8
The lenses are ridiculously cheap and all you need in street photography unless you also need a wide angle. In which case the Olympus 9-18mm is a good third lens
>>
>>3083061
The sigma is pretty aids, af is a shitfest, it's heavy af, bokeh is not good. The bokeh/low light ability from the 1.8 is about equal to an f2.8 on full frame. Would you be excited by a 28 - 55 f2.8 lens?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.