[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

long time lurker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1677 copy.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1677 copy.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
so i've been lurking on this site for a bit and am very new to this board. i want your 100% opinion of this, tell me what's shit, what's good. (not me pictured, but it's my photo)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:05:17 00:22:50
Exposure Time1 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
i doubt anyone will care but i have some more shit if there's interest
>>
>>3077604
This photo is nothing special.
In before the true savages rip your photos apart tho.

Post more, you might be lucky enough to get some actual constructive feedback. But almost 99% of the time, especially if the photos are not great, will always get ripped to shreds. Good luck.
>>
>>3077608
lol thanks dude im honestly looking for that kind of feedback anyways, but it's cool to have some nice feedback before the shitstorm
>>
>> it´s shit, but you´re starting
>> you have an ok idea of composing
>> learn about WB, shit is hot as fuck.
>> it is our of focus.
>>
>>3077604
Lower the resolution.
>>
>>3077604
Shoot it straight on, not from an angle, so the fence lines are straight and parallel to the frame.
Shoot in better light, or at least fix the WB.
Show some more background, perhaps, if it's nice.
>>
>>3077604
>>3077604
You seem to have an idea about composure. Good start. Keep shooting. Keep your horizons in check. Composure may have some """rules""" but really thousands of shots will teach you how to """"""feel"""""" a good photo.

Your white balance blows so bad it looks like you dipped the photo in orange paint.

Your photo has very little range, there's a bright highlight and very little defined shadow.

You need to learn about Depth of Field vs Aperture.

Holy shit get a tripod

I think I'm out.
>>
lol op i think i get it. ure out there with ur buds, ure a couple of teens, ure exploring your environment. the urban landscape if u will. and the urban landscape is not without its own interesting visual elements. it is surreal in its own way; it didnt look the way it did 200 years ago and it wont look this way 200 years from now . beyond that , this land is what u relate to, its ur homeland. exploring it at night with ur buds gives u the sense of its atmosphere, especially when everyone has gone to bed and the atmosphere changes. i get the atmosphere and the moment that drew u to take this picture , and beyond all excellence of craftsmanship , its the reason that u feel drawn 2 take a pic that is most important (except in the case of photoenthusiasts who get super autistic in their myopic fetish for technicalities)

now on 2 why ur execution completely sucks. foreground is 2 bright, ugly hand with colors, pic is blurry from movement, subject out of focus, the digital noise is distracting, and it is just poorly composed. start looking at art (forget photography) for cues on composition, like how to balance colors and what kind of lines to look for. art is experientially based , so like the only way ur gonna get a better i for it is by experiencing more art . im not saying photography is or isnt art , but all the best compositional elements in photography can be seen in art as well . lmao get rekt naysayers
>>
>>3077604
heres some good constructive criticism
>lots of dead space on the right of the photo but i did see what you were trying to do there
try cropping the image or if you were still in the field, a better angle would have helped. composition is key

>white balance is really off
study up on white balance it could make all that orange from the light look a lot better and make it look a bit more natural.

keep practicing and you'll get the shots you want
>>
>>3077604
If your colours aren't interesting stick it in black and white, everything in your photo should be there for a reason, if it isn't get rid of it. Does the colour add anything? No? Get rid.
>>
>>3077604
Turn your back on this photo for a minute and then look back at the photo use your finger to point at what your eyes went to first.

Ask yourself what the point of this photo is. Is it the guy? Is it the fence? Is it the bright foreground? Is it the light to the left of the guy?

Edit/reshoot the photo so that the first thing you see is the point of the photo.

My eye goes first to the very very bright legs, and then to the street light to the left of the figure.
>>
Why did you make a thread for one photo? Use the recent photo thread. Spend more time looking at photos, not just ones people call ""good"" but ones you like and try to emulate
>>
>>3077823
Jesus Christ reading this made me want to kill myself. I don't even care if it's ironic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.